Glue removal from paintwork

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, just bought a van and the previous owner has glued rubber pads on the van where the awning pole hooks attach.One of the pads fell off and left hard glue behind. Any ideas on how to remove the unsightly mess. Tried t-cut and white spirit with no joy, would like to remove all the pads as we preferr using rubber suction cups, any suggestions would be appreciated.Many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had this problem when trying to remove the pads that held the old number plate on. What I found to work best was to peel off the foam (padded part) to leave the glue, spray with WD40 and then use a plastic scrapper (the one I had came with a pack of 'Plastic Padding' filler) to scrape off, it takes a bit of time but does work. Finish with some polish.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya Davy, try warming it with a hair dryer,and use a scraper. It works on old car stickers, but be careful not to puncture the 'van.

Barney.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As you say it's a hard glue a hair dryer or good old WD40 is not going to work, you will have to painstakingly chip it off with a knife blade or similar, but the risk of damaging the paint work is high. Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts