going digital in the lakes

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Off to the lake district in the summer. As they have switched off their analogue TV signal and we have a non digital telly what do i need to ensure i can watch my TV.

I have heard several different ideas regarding aerial, freeview, and tellys but welcome your advice

thanks

Craig

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Caig

Depending on exactly which part of the Lake District you are going to, we have not switched to digital yet, only the West Coast around Whitehaven. In most of the rest of the county you will get both digital and analogue so until early next year you should be OK with your existing set up.

Alan

May 18, 2007
Visit site
All you will need is a Freeview box and an aerial that can receive digital signals.I think all of the Status one's do but I could be wrong.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Pretty much any aerial capable of receiving an analogue signal will also receive a digital signal, depending on how strong the signal is. Often in a weak signal aerial you need a directional high gain aerial to ensure a good digital signal as you will either get TV or you won't. The quality does not degrade as the signal gets weaker, it just stops working.

Cheers

David

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Go for a satellite reciever and a dish.

Been there with the freeview and most of the time not very good.

Also if you use your outfit in Northern Europe you can have the same tv as you have back home. Our setup worked as far south as Lake Orta, Italy.

A decent dish and tripod can be had for around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts