Goodwood Festival of Speed

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I have seen this years festival on TV. Next year I would like to take the Caravan, and experience the venue. Has any one have a good site for me to stay next year close as possible to the venue.

Thank you. Paul

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea of the prices and it's sold out for this year but you can book On Site Camping for next year.

The best bet otherwise would be to peruse the websites of both clubs for certified sites or locations in the vicinity.

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I live in Chichester. What sort of site are you looking for and how far from Goodwood are you prepared to be.

Iain
Hi thanks for replying so soon. Camping and caravanning site with electric hook up, 10 mile radius would be fine.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
I have been three times now (including this year) and have stayed off site all three times.

The first year I went to Slindon Camping & Caravanning Club site, but that had no toilets or showers.

The last two visits have been to Bognor Regis Caravan Club site, it is about 10 - 15 mins drive if you leave at about 8 o clock am and this year 3 adults stayed for two nights for

I have been three times now (including this year) and have stayed off site all three times.

The first year I went to Slindon Camping & Caravanning Club site, but that had no toilets or showers.

The last two visits have been to Bognor Regis Caravan Club site, it is about 10 - 15 mins drive if you leave at about 8 o clock am and this year 3 adults stayed for two nights for

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi. Looks like everyone beat me to it. You could add the CC&C site in Southbourne/Nutbourne to the list. Quite close to the railway line but seems popular, and definately closer to Chichester than the others.

There's also a big commercial site just on the Southern side of Chichester, I think it's called Lakeside. Very close to the ring road so you'll get some noise but handy for Goodwood.

Iain

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
The problem I found over the years is that the Chichester bypass is heavy anytime and a real carpark during the Festival weekend.

That's my main reason for trying to stay east of the venue.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Living in Chichester I would agree that traffic is a nightmare during the Revival and Festival of Speed meets. Having said that, a lot of work has gone into organising traffic flow into the car parks this year and it seems to be greatly improved. Me, I can walk there in 20 minutes! And, before you ask my garden is too small to put a caravan in.

Iain

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts