Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Going to france in three weeks. In this day and age do we really still need Green Cards or is it just a sales ploy by Insurance companies. I am with Tesco and will have to pay about £20 for one.

Thanks

Andrew

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Check the reverse of your insurance statement, on mine I have the equivalent of a green card in half a dozen European languages.

But if your insurance was particularly good value, they may have removed the green card entitlement to provide part of the saving - most people won't use it.

Robert

Apr 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew, as far as a green card goes, it is usually the cheaper quotes, Direct Line , etc where you have to pay for one. I am with Hastings Direct and had to pay last year, but now I dont. Even when I did the savings more than made up for it.

David

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Andrew,

whilst you do not strictly need a green card as such anymore, as I understand it all UK insurance companies will offer the legal minimum requirement in all EU countries. So you wont get nicked for having no insurance.

What you are being asked to pay

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
David is right you are paying to ensure that you have fully comprehensive insurance to match your uk cover when abroad.

My insurer last year (lloyds tsb) had a note on the rear showing some countries that where covered but when i enquired they said i only had third party cover without paying for the green card, the card was only

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts