Gutted - Is this an Insurance claim?

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kev, being totally critical , but not seeing the other repairs, I would have hoped not to see any visable repair. I can visably see an indentation, which if I was claiming on insurance I would not accept. If you run your finger over it can you feel anything , maybe the photo is deceptive..
So Hutch I'm inclined to agree with you more than anything.
The other 4 smaller repairs are hardly visible and a good job.
Think the problem with this crack/split was it rather a large opening.
Im happy with all the reinforcing etc, shame as he has had three visits and even he is still not happy, so he is to return.
I have suggested a 40mm trim which will be flat against the body and glued in place with another one the other side of the window to match.
Think he wants another go at it first though so watch this space.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think two matching vertical strips would look, and cover the repaired area. Also with a sealant will give a reasuranse about the repaired are.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So Hutch I'm inclined to agree with you more than anything.
The other 4 smaller repairs are hardly visible and a good job.
Think the problem with this crack/split was it rather a large opening.
Im happy with all the reinforcing etc, shame as he has had three visits and even he is still not happy, so he is to return.
I have suggested a 40mm trim which will be flat against the body and glued in place with another one the other side of the window to match.
Think he wants another go at it first though so watch this space.
Hi Kev i cannot wait see more pictures on this keep us updated

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Very neat. Bet you are pleased it is finished though. All ready for the off.
mel
Hi Mel, yes certainly glad its finished, not quite ready for the off yet though , still have to put the inside back together,
Also going to do a minor adaptation to the front bed box, never keep much in there as the access is annoying, you have to lift all three front cushion's to get in it, so am going to cut the lid down to the size of the middle cushion so just one to lift.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mel, yes certainly glad its finished, not quite ready for the off yet though , still have to put the inside back together,
Also going to do a minor adaptation to the front bed box, never keep much in there as the access is annoying, you have to lift all three front cushion's to get in it, so am going to cut the lid down to the size of the middle cushion so just one to lift.
Kev Sounds like you have thought this through to make it more proficient. good luck with the work and hope it all comes together as you are hoping.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts