Happy New Year

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
My wife and I are especially looking forward to this new year as we will be once again become 'caravaners'.

Back in the 80's we got fed up of damp and cold tents and invested in a 4 berth 'Panther'. It was a bit of a dog but still a lot better than camping. When we decided a tin top was for us we traded up to a nearly new Sprite Major which remained our pride and joy for about 6 years, until it got stolen off the drive while we were at work.

Fortunately for us the police recovered our van within a few days but it had been stripped of all our holiday posessions. We never quite felt comfortable using the van after this and soon sold it. Our daughters by this time had grown into teenagers and no longer wanted to be away at weekends so we joined the airport cattle market for future hols.

However, now that they're all grown up we have decide to spoil ourselves and have ordered a new Abbey fixed bed. Sadly we have to wait until June for delivery as our current Toyota Avensis estate 2.0D won't tow it and doesn't get changed until then. We hope to get a mid sized 4x4 such as the new Santa Fe or an X Trail.

The sad thing is I'm wishing my life away in excitement and expectation.

One thing's for sure though - it will be fitted with every concievable security device. This one will not be nicked!

I hope you all have a happy new year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris,

We hope 2007 is going to be good for you on your caravan travels.We took it up when we retired and have never looked back.The freedom to come and go is just wonderful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts