Hey PC!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hey Brian haven't you heard the old saying whereby you cannot teach an old dog new trick. I am almost computer illiterate, my son has tried to teach me Autocad but I still prefer the old drawing board. I am what is often referred to in computer language a dinosaur.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Brian-Bear

How did you do that come on spill the beans and let use now? But make it simple so I can under stead.

Colin (Bridgend)

I am going back college to learn to use AutoCAD later this year.

Last mouth I went on a taster were I tide AutoCAD and Computer/IT and Microsoft Office programs.

I have all so ask my son how to do some bit on the computer but he not very help full when he show me as he rush frow it and then laths me to it and cud not see y I have not pick it up teenager who have them!!!!

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian-Bear

How did you do that come on spill the beans and let use now? But make it simple so I can under stead.

Colin (Bridgend)

I am going back college to learn to use AutoCAD later this year.

Last mouth I went on a taster were I tide AutoCAD and Computer/IT and Microsoft Office programs.

I have all so ask my son how to do some bit on the computer but he not very help full when he show me as he rush frow it and then laths me to it and cud not see y I have not pick it up teenager who have them!!!!

Mark
http://www.practicalcaravan.co.uk/index.html

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark - I have also purchased a very good textbook called "introduction to Autocad by J. T. Roberts published by Payne-Gallway ISBN 1-904467-00-8" The book I have is aimed at Autocad 2002 but it is virtually the same for 2006 version so I have been told. There is also a web site "www.payne-gallway.co.uk" Hope this might be of help to you - I am gradually, as time permits working through the book. I am at fault not the book as I am not devoting sufficient time to it - spend more time on this blasted forum than Autocad. Good luck with your studies. If you are like me you will need it.

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
img_6044.jpg

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
just remember dont hotlink onto someone elses server to display pictures, make sure they are on your server or hosting account people get very narked about bandwidth theft from hotlinking.

The mods would need to clarify if they allow pictures or not as it is a bandwidth eater which may put the forum over its montly allowance

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
whoops,

The images do not take bandwidth from the server as the image is positioned in the users browser. No image is stored on the forum, just the link to it in text form. The browser, being a little dumb does not know the difference and pulls the image from its orignal location.

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Seems like you need a server to do it Lolly, we will have to borrow Lord B's, he wont mind as long as it isn't at meal times.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Mark - I have also purchased a very good textbook called "introduction to Autocad by J. T. Roberts published by Payne-Gallway ISBN 1-904467-00-8" The book I have is aimed at Autocad 2002 but it is virtually the same for 2006 version so I have been told. There is also a web site "www.payne-gallway.co.uk" Hope this might be of help to you - I am gradually, as time permits working through the book. I am at fault not the book as I am not devoting sufficient time to it - spend more time on this blasted forum than Autocad. Good luck with your studies. If you are like me you will need it.
Kanga reckons all 4x4 drivers are Auto Cads :O(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If I keep quiet long enough no one will know of my ignorance in not being capable of doing this. The old addage of keeping quiet and learning from someone else's ignorance.

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lolly

First of all you need to have your images hosted on a server somewhere in cyberspace. If you have this facility it is easy to post pictures its just a bit of web code with a hyperlink to the image.

Lost?

Hope it makes sense if you do not know anything about hyperlinks or servers just forget about it and have a glass of wine instead, it will prove to be a lot less stressfull

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Now I am even more confused, but hey, I'm a woman, too stupid to understand what you just said, just have to stay frustrated with it all.

Lolly x
don't mean to sound sour, but Brian Bear's comment made me feel because I am a woman all I should do is drink wine and not ask complex questions

Lolly x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts