Hey PC!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Look, I don't want to start a fight, ok? But the caravan channel has a forum that has those little smilie faces and a spell checker. Whats more they have only just started and are giving away free caravans.....ok, so I lied about the caravans but if they can do it, so can you. Have another word with the bosses Moddy, I think it's time they did something, fast!

http://caravanchannel.proboards56.com/index.cgi
That's the proof!

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
keep it simple I have run forums and beleive me this is a good platform, may be old, may be antiquated but it keeps bitching and backstabbing to a minimum, mark my words if you change format it will eventually lead to snipeing and in-fighting wrecking a great forum

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Lol, this site is too basic. In Touring and Tenting they have the smiley's, albums to upload your pics and a live chat forum. A big plus is I dont need to log in each time either because you have the "remember me" option. I can also add people to my friends list and send them messages instead of having to ask the Moderator to give someone your email addy.

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
I think the biggest problem would be how do you upgrade without losing the forum information to date. All the boards you have looked at are .php whereas this board is .asp driven. Do you wish to start from scratch on a .php system? Maybe the mods could tell us what software version is used for the forum and if upgrades for the software are available

May 4, 2005
Visit site
SAVE OUR FORUM, please don't bring in those horrible little smilie things .

How can you make a serious comment when there's a little yellow grinning head next to it...

Mind you it didn't stop John Lennon did it. (",)

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site

How can you make a serious comment when there's a little yellow grinning head next to it...

Had a close look at this caravan channel forum, it really is small, like just flegling, dont see many members, is there an alterior motive for posting the details of this forum here? Sorry to be cynical but I have seen it all before.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

LMAO!!!! nice one Brian!

My wife thinks I'm a right nutter sat here giggling like a child at the monitor!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had a close look at this caravan channel forum, it really is small, like just flegling, dont see many members, is there an alterior motive for posting the details of this forum here? Sorry to be cynical but I have seen it all before.
Just trying to kick-start a few promises made by PC a while ago Brian-Bear

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I have looked at other forums but compared to this one find them too 'fussy'. The orignal post repeated as comments are added so you find yourself reading the same thing several times.

One thing that does annoy me with this forum is the Comments , not the first one as thats a good way of having a chat away from the main topic, but the comments on the comments.Sometimes you have to really hunt for the last post.

I wonder how many there are? how far can we go down the comment boxes, is there a pot of gold at the end? or will we just fall off the edge of the web lost forever in cyberspace.

I may be some time..........................

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I have looked at other forums but compared to this one find them too 'fussy'. The orignal post repeated as comments are added so you find yourself reading the same thing several times.

One thing that does annoy me with this forum is the Comments , not the first one as thats a good way of having a chat away from the main topic, but the comments on the comments.Sometimes you have to really hunt for the last post.

I wonder how many there are? how far can we go down the comment boxes, is there a pot of gold at the end? or will we just fall off the edge of the web lost forever in cyberspace.

still going !!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

What's that Skippy?

tut tut tut.

You say Brian has fallen down a well?

Tut tut tut tut tut.

Not so fast Skippy, you say Brian's lost and hurt?

Tut.. tut.. tut.. tut... tut.

What's that again, he's found someone's sense of humour down there and needs to give it resuscitation?

Tut .......tut.......tut.

Good on yer Skip, Cheeta can toss you over the side, you go look for Brian and I'll send Clarence the cross eyed lion for the paramedics.

If you can hear Brian, try to hold on, help is on the way!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts