Hi everyone from a warm and humid Hampshire

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Been caravanning 12 years now and have loved every minute of it, except of course the dreaded erecting of awning issues when arriving on site :angry: Have an Elddis Avant'e 556 which has served us very well but now that both the boys have grown up and can't fit in the bunk beds (one 6ft 7in) looks like it will be just me and the Mrs in future. Have travelled extensively throughout the UK, particularly Wales and have been thoroughly spoilt with what this great country has to offer. Would really like to do some caravanning abroad which is definitely on our bucket list. Hope you are all well.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forum.
There are several users with extensive knowledge of touring abroad who would be happy to answer your questions.

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks Damian, nice to be aboard.

I am pretty sure the forum will benefit in many ways and when we come to considering travelling abroad I will be requesting recommendations etc.

Cheers

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Fezzer, welcome. We were all novices when it comes to Euro travel once! Having done two or three months tours every year since retiring 13 years ago, my advice is to not worry about it, just go and enjoy!

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi emmerson, many thanks. Have been toying with the idea of Euro travel for a couple of years now particularly as we have as stated extensively travelled the Uk. So agree now is the time to spread our wings, get our heads in the language books and get abroad! Cheers.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Not as well traveled in Europe as some but we have done it several times. As said earlier just try it, it is not as hard as you think but just in case things do go wrong good insurance is essential.

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply Raywood, definitely will do more research into a first trip abroad and thank you for your valid comment re insurance.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Ref the language, Fezzer, don't worry about it. Lots of Europeans speak English, which tends to make us lazy, as we don't need to bother learning French. However, there will come a time when you meet a non-linguist. Trying to make yourself understood, and understand them, can be great fun as long as you remember the golden rule - don't be afraid of making a fool of yourself! If you can laugh at yourself, you'll get by!
Ref insurance, if your vehicle is over ten years old, check the small print. Most major breakdown insurers won't cover older vehicles. I use ADAC, based in Germany, for just this reason.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts