Hillhead cc site, brixham, devon

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne,

Yes no problem. Will get photo of pitch 174 but won't be able to upload it until Saturday.

I was looking at getting a 3 dongle but did't have time to sort it out before we came so I'm using the wireless facility at Hillhead. It's

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
martin, great pics. did you get a pic of my pitch?.

i had a look on google earth and its a bit blurred. is it sort of a corner pitch?.

if you did take a pic any chance you could put it on coc forum under Jo-annes pitch fingers crossed.

where was that railway by the boats?.

thanks

jo-anne

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne,

I did intend to take a photo of the pitch on Friday but on our return from Dartmouth, the heavens opened and I didn't get chance. Your pitch is a corner plot and I wouldn't worry about the size. There was a long caravan with full awning and 2 cars on the pitch when we left.

The picture of the train entering the station is at Kingswear, 2 miles down the road from Hillhead. This is where the ferry to Dartmouth leaves.

Martin.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
martin, thanks for all your help. only 7 more sleeps to go and i cant wait.

how deep is the paddling pool. my youngest Lucas is 6 but hes only the size of a 2/3 year old.

i need to go and pack the van but ive got a sick house at the minute.

so its the corner plot on google earth in a row of 3 with hedges, i think.

thanks

jo-anne

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne

Sounds like you need extra toilet chemicals and more buckets. Hope they all get better or you'll be doing all the towing hitching and pitching as well!

Cheers

Alan

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne,

The paddling pool is not very deep at all. The level came to just below the knees on my 3 year old. It is a corner pitch with hedges at the back not at the sides, so it is quite open.

Hope everyone's better for the holiday.

Martin.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
thanks Martin and Alan, im not great today. ive been sick seven times need to pick ive a van to load etc etc.

i couldnt even go to reeces parents evening tonight craigs had to go on his own. going back to bed for a bit.

chat later

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
im alot better todaqy. it hurts my sides when i cough or laugh cos of using muscles yesturday that i didnt know i had, lol.

4 more sleeps to go till hillhead.

i havent packed the van, so much to do. a wedding on saturday craigs an usher, we have got to collet the cake and take it about 10 miles to the do. deliver the groom and best man, put a silver ribbon on the santa fe. buy the wedding pres. get another tv for the van. do the brides hair.

i cant wait to go away but theres not enough hours in the day.

god help me

jo-anne

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

Look on the bright side. If you had gone away this week you would have needed a big red cross on your van.

Also with the rain we've had I reckon you are better off going next week.

Where are you going to stay for your last week after Hillhead?

Cheers

Alan

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi, 4 more sleeps to go. ive never been away for 3 weeks before and i cant wait.

we still havent done any packing yet. going to do some tonight to take over tomorrow, hooray.

still running way behind as usual.

got the mobile broadband orange

May 25, 2005
Visit site
hi, 4 more sleeps to go. ive never been away for 3 weeks before and i cant wait.

we still havent done any packing yet. going to do some tonight to take over tomorrow, hooray.

still running way behind as usual.

got the mobile broadband orange

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
one more sleep to go. im so tired from the allday wedding. gotta finish packing then take it over the van, assemble the bike racks and put them on, go and buy a cool box because our friends left ours in a static in cornwall great. get some shopping and now lucas has a really bad cough.

chat later busy bee gotta do some packing, lol.

jo

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

I'm amazed you're up so early after all yesterdays celebrations.

Have a great holiday. Speak later.

Cheers

Alan

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi all, well packed the van but i did forget my eldest sons clothes so gotta put them in tomorrow. couldnt find the rotary washing line so went and bought another one then found it. roof mounted cycle carriers dont fit so off to halfords at 8.30 in the morning to get another one or a refund.

gotta do sarnies and coffee and pack the coolbox and the dog, lol.

oh ill be on here as soon as we are set up at hillhead.

take care

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi everyone, im reporting in from hillhead cc site on my laptop going through my orange dongle.

the orange connection is really quick and not delayed.

got here about 4.00 ish yesturday and finished setting up about 8-9 pm last night. they had moved us pitches because of an RV. the pitch they put us on you could reverse the van because the roads are so narrow. we tried to un hitch and put it on via the motor mover but the wheels were slipping. in the end the tractor had to put us on. the pitch isnt big enough for the car at the side either so its at the front of the awning on the slope. you do have to watch going of the pitch and to the back of the car as you could slip down the stones what a great disabled pitch hey. apart from that the site is lovely and the wardens are really nice.

the food menu looks lovely and the prices arnt to bad either. the shop is a bit pricey

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Glad to see your dongle works. How much does it cost per minute with Orange?

Shame about the pitch especially after all the special planning you did. Sounds good anyway. Have a great hol and watch that nudist beach at Slapton Sands!

Cheers

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts