Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mrs ben my chree

Apart from caravanning,what other hobbies do you guys have time for?

I taught myself crochet,i knit and a present i'm doing a large crosstitch all hobbies i can take with me in the van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wife

Top 6 =

Children

Boating

Computers

Work

Caravaning

beer

In that order

Oh and somewhere right down in the list, after "picking nose" is "winding 4x4 drivers up" ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wife

Top 6 =

Children

Boating

Computers

Work

Caravaning

beer

In that order

Oh and somewhere right down in the list, after "picking nose" is "winding 4x4 drivers up" ;-)
Whoops, wife should be top of list but she never goes where instructed

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a few hobbies. I like to hit a small white ball as far away from me as I can get it, then, go look for it, only to hit the thing again in the hope that I will loose it down a very small hole.

I also like to drown bits of cheese and bread in the faint hope that I will catch a fish, which I promptly throw back again.

I also keep Koi, spending more time on them than I do my wife, why I'm not quite sure, it's not like you can cuddle them and tell them to iron your shirts.

I have also recently bought a quad bike, something that will probably end up maiming me or maybe ending my exsistance on this world.

I once thought, "is life pointless", now I know, it isn't. You just need a hobby!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Landscape photography - dovetails well with vanning. go to the area you want to visit and after a couple of days you find that use usually find a great photo around every corner.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

I'm lucky that I consider my job to be my hobby (pyrotechnician) to quote most people 'big boys toys'

Other than that I also keep Koi in a huge pond in the garden.

We are also half way through renovating 'Martyn Mansions' We bought our house in a dilapidated state a few years ago and are gradually bringing it round. Bit like the forth bridge though if you know what I mean.

I am also mid -way through studying for a science degree. Not for any particular reason just interest.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Blimey LOL, according to some of the sages on this site, you are doomed! You ride a quad bike which is an offroader, AND you fish!

Some do-gooder will be along shortly to tell you that a fish told him just how painful it is to be caught. Apparently it didn't hurt as much as being run over by a 4wd in the previous week.

Which was reassuring for the do-gooders.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Music..drummer in a local band (but off sick at the moment with a bad arm) also play guitar, keyboards, fish and golf but most of these are all on hold pending the shoulder injury..due for some steriod injections on Thursday so should look like popeye...not sure if I can convince the doc to do both arms though other wise I am going look stupid and be a little off balance on the right side of my body! Also like classic cars (restored an MGB) and Ruth's hobbie is looking after the hubby and kids and putting up with all their hobbies!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Classic cars (restoring a 1960 Chevrolet Impala), walking, Freemasonry & anything else which is expensive........ Oh yes, wife, daughter & Fudge the labrador take up any time left!!!!!!!

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
i build and ride custom motorcycles (choppers)

go to bike rallies,shows and meets

go off-roading in a 4x4 and moto x bikes

like to go hill-walking

and a spot of gardening.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Blimey LOL, according to some of the sages on this site, you are doomed! You ride a quad bike which is an offroader, AND you fish!

Some do-gooder will be along shortly to tell you that a fish told him just how painful it is to be caught. Apparently it didn't hurt as much as being run over by a 4wd in the previous week.

Which was reassuring for the do-gooders.
It gets a lot worse for me Dean, I drive 4x4, have a dog, tow a twin axle, have windbreaks, like BBQ's and beer, drive a white van for work, and if I get the chance don't get out of my "pit" before 11 o'clock in the morn. Seems I'm a badass with no moral fortitude. Apart from being a hideous off-roader that strikes fear into everyone (my wife says I'm no good at sarcasm, and I agree)(wow, I am good at this) that you encounter, have you got any hobbies Dean?

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
well caravanning is my new hobby which works well with one of my other hobbies which is photography. I also like messing about building websites (www.newport-pagnell.co.uk) and I enjoy driving which is handy now I have a van to tow :)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My hobbies are:

Line dancing

knitting

making patchwork quilts

active WI member

drinking home made lemonade

rambling

driving a tiny car on dual carriageways at 35.5 mph

going to church on Sundays

Lisa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My hobbies are:

Line dancing

knitting

making patchwork quilts

active WI member

drinking home made lemonade

rambling

driving a tiny car on dual carriageways at 35.5 mph

going to church on Sundays

Lisa.
You forgot the wine Lh.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Apart from vanning, we love to cycle, walk the dog, and my own selfish hobby is sailing my radio controlled model yacht, which is an ideal addition to vanning as we often come across many inland waters. I'd really like a real one, but the lottery tickets just wont permit that at the moment! It's very much a big boys toy, it's about 1.25m long, and 1.6m high and weighs about 15kg due to the keel being full of lead shot. Great fun in a stiff breeze and very relaxing and eco-friendly as no noise or engines!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
But....but, Clive was talking about having a wine taste on the meet, any chance we could borrow the old Lisa for that?
Well only if I manage to get my patchwork quilt finished in time and as long as I am back from rambling. I suppose I could have the odd bottle or two.

I will be going to church on easter Sunday of course, you are welcome to join me. Please bring your best suit.

Lisa

May 20, 2005
Visit site
Boat fishing (video results can be seen here http://www.wyreboatac.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/portal.php)

Model Making (36-28-34)
Sorry wrong link should be http://www.wyreboatac.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
my hobbies 1walking

2keeping pet parrots

3photography

4grandchildren

5planning my retirement two years eight months senenty four days ) but who's counting

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hobbies what are these? I used to enjoy a few hobbies when I was working but having taken early retirement my wife wont allow me any free time to persue them - its a case of do this, do that. I would like to go back to work for a rest. Those who are looking forward to retirement think long and hard of what you are letting yourself in for.

On a more serious note my wife and I enjoy walking, away days shopping and of course caravanning. I also enjoy Great Western Steam and classic British vehicles (especially busses and commercials). There are also two grandchildren who take up a lot of our time therefore our days are generally full and seem to fly by.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts