Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone been to Holgates in Silverdale.Thinking of going there spring 2006, is there much to do for teenagers?, any views would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Lisa

I go to Holgates quite a bit and as far as the site is concerned it can not be beaten. The pool complex is outstanding, as is the bar/restaurant area. As far as the teenagers go it would depend on what they are into. If swimming walking and gym are of interest they will be fine, if they want disco there is a kids one but it is a bit limited.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We used to go to holgates quite a lot as i had a contract to do the heat recovery and airconditioning for the pool, it is a lovely site and the leisure complex is one of the best, however we where alittle dissapointed to find one day that a group of rather well to do ladies had sat themselves in the jacuzzi and stayed there for quite some time, when my two kids went to get in they where scowelled at and told to go back in the main pool, this in itself seemed a bit selfish and even more so when we found out that these "ladies" where not even staying on the site but they where locals who frank holgate allowed to use the facilities. we are not against any site trying to make a bit more money out of season but when i have paid just short of 30.00 a night i expect to be treated with some degree of respect. As i said it is a lovely site but it is spoilt by snobbery and it is far too expensive, there are many more sites that are just as good and a lot cheaper.

Oct 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

We stayed at Holgates in July, it was our first visit, a really lovely clean site. The pool and spa area is beautiful, we hardly saw our kids, they were in the pool all the time which is included in the pitch fee. Its quite pricey, we had 2 adults and 4 kids it cost us

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts