Honda CRV 2.2 CTDI ( New Shape)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi I bought one of these in the summer, generally it drives well, BUT when towing my 1420kg Van or is heavily laden, I have found that the suspecnsion is too soft, reaching the end of absorbers, with an unpleasant bang! My dealer has looked at it and can find nothing wrong

Has anyone else found similar problems with this car?

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello Robert,

I have had no such problem,but I recall that earlier in the year there was some discussion about problems with 'springs and cups that hold them', and associated noises. There was some mention of it in the Autocar Forum under CR-V 'Reader Reviews' around May. One owner said that larger springs had been fitted to his. Hope this is useful.

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
Robert

We have been towing with the new CR-V since April and our Coachman Amara 500/5 is a heavy van. I have reported in the past that the rear suspension is quite soft, and my wife feeling sick while pregant on some minor roads. We sorted out most for our problems by increasing our noseweight to about 85 - 90 Kgs. I have never had the suspension bottom out onto the stops, I would insist with Honda that there is a problem with your car. Let us know how you get on.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Robert

We have been towing a Bailey Senator Virginia with our new CRV2.2CTDI since 1st Aug and have had no problemslike those you are experiencing. Sounds like you may have a fault experience by a minority. I presume the dealer's look at it was in isolation and not with your 'van attached so he's not comparing like with like. If the worst comes to the worst, you may have to take him for a ride with the caravan on the back. That may stop him taking you for a ride. Its probably that he genuinly can't understand the situation and not be looking for the right thing if hes not a caravaner.

Regards

Denise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts