House and Car Insurance - away from home long term

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are retired and are fortunate to be able to spend up to about three months touring with our caravan in Europe each year.

I am finding it increasingly difficult (if not impossible) to find Home (Building and Contents) insurance with an Insurance Company who will accept us being away from home for about the three months (a neighbour kindly looks after the property whilst we are away).

Similarly, I need an Insurance Company who will extend my insurance to cover me whilst in Europe for up to three months (without charging an enormous additional Premium).

Anybody got any ideas ? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, in the second main paragraph of my post - I should have said that I'm looking for an insurer to extend my Car insurance.

G

Merv,

I agree with your problem. One of the reasons I am cancelling my home insurance with the CC is their restrictions on anything over 30 days. I am now looking at Saga who confirm they will give me 60 days clear, and extra if I write and confirm my dates with them.

As far as car insurance is concerned you can get all year cover, at a price, Howver, without advertising i can again offer Saga, if you are over 55 and I assume so if you are retired, as being evidently able to offer most of these things. Just tell them you don't want all the junk mail Tho'.

I am disappointed the main caravan club organisation seems so backward in this area. The red Pennant is excellent, but again does not allow for very long stays.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts