Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum. Hymer ovens on early examples are as rare as hens teeth. i overcame the problem by buying a small oven grill that works on 240V at 1800W should we stay somewhere with a hook up. Some models have cupboards in the kitchen area which will accept a small gas oven but they need to be over 500mm wide to take even the smallest, If anyone else knows better I will be first down the accessory shop!

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply. An oven and grill is essential for us, as we never eat out and use the oven very often. I was also looking at a Bessacarr 410, which ticked every box but the dealer did not do p/x for my caravan.

Keep on looking.

Regards.

Norman

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Our Hymer 544 had an oven. It was in the Tec Tower so a bit too high. Our current Hymer has one under the sink. Grills are rarer. A built in cooker is about £630 extra in a Hymer.

Most continental ones do not have ovens because our EU friends find the hobs sufficient. However, UK specced vans do tend to have an oven or microwave. My missus insists on an oven and yet I can go away quite happily for a week on my own and not use it!

Bear in mind the cookers are a constant source of rattles when on the road and, unlike a caravan, you will hear them!

When we changed from caravanning to motorhoming, we sold the caravan to a local caravan dealer and got a bigger discount from the motorhome dealer by paying cash.

TRENDING THREADS