Ignore it or do something about it ?

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Last weekend we were at the CC Grange site at Durham and witnessed the following. Should we have reported it to the warden, had a quiet word with the persons concerned or ignore it (we actually did the latter).

The family that came onto the pitch next to us had a dog which, never appeared to be put on a lead. It wandered about the place and even, on one occasion that I saw, cocked its leg and peed against the water point on the serviced pitch opposite us and to no apparent concern of its owners.

The site also has a clearly marked one way system but our neighbours evidently decided that they weren't going to drive all around the site when they came in with their car (not that the site is very big)and drove the wrong way around the roadway to their pitch.

What are other peoples' views ? What would you have done ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John - very delicate situation. Depending on the appearance of the family (if appeared reasonable people) I would have discreatly brought the topic up in conversation and if that did not work then mentioned it to the site warden in passing asking him he could have a word with them without implicating me. If they appeared a rough bunch then I would have asked the site warden to speak to them but again asking that I would not be implicated in any way. I am a live coward and intend staying that way - I do not want to be a dead hero especially as you are dead for a hell of a long time.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Its a difficult one as if you get a complaint against you you will always presume its the person next to you.

I am surprised the wardens didnt pick up on the one way system,some of the CC sites ive been on are very regimental.

In cases like this i always get satistaction with the bread on the roof trick!

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi John

I would have cocked my leg on there water pipe , see how they liked it lol.

But there are some people who think the rules dont apply to them for some reason, and makes you want to give them a right good slap.!

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi John,

Until last week we used to store our van at this site, and on the last couple of occasions when we've been in to pick it up or drop it off, the warden has told us we could go the "wrong way" round the site to the storage area, as long as we were careful. However, i would say unless the site is virtually empty, this isn't a very good idea. You can usually see if something's coming round the other way, but once one person starts doing it, the rest will follow, defeating the object of the one way system and causing chaos.

Just thought i'd mention it in case these people were told the same.

With regards to the dog, i think i would agree with Colin, speak to the wardens and ask to remain anonymous!!

Lara.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
At the Edinburgh CC site I found the one way system to be both illogical and damned inconvenient. For example when leaving the site if I had obeyed the one way system I would have had to tow my caravan over 6 speed ramps - something that should never be found anywhere where people will be towing caravans. No excuse for the lose dog.

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Having stored our van at the Grange site I have followed the one way system to get to the compound. I have never been encouraged to do otherwise and also have never tried to embarras and put the wardens on the spot by asking for a dangerous change in the rule.

The wardens at this site are particularly good in all aspects of their sometimes difficult duties. With regards to dogs of the leash, then those owners flouting the dogs on leash rule should be asked to leave the site immediately.

Regards

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
Mrs Sheila,

For your info, i wasn't "encouraged" to go against the one way sysyem, merely advised, and i'm certainly not stupid enough to "embarras and put the wardens on the spot by asking for a dangerous change in the rule".

Also, even though we were advised we could do it, we still chose to go the correct way round, because as i said before, it's not a very good idea.

But yes, the wardens are very good at this site.

Lara.

G

Yeaa! Cat fight, let me go get the popcorn.
happy0053.gif

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Further to my original post and to clarify a point, as you drive into the Grange site there is a sign at the barrier that instructs people going to the storage compound to turn right, against the one way system as the compound is about 50 yards to the right of the gateway. From memory, because the compound entrance is on a bend, I believe it would be difficult to make a very sharp turn to the left, especially with a caravan in tow, if you went correctly around the one way system. But this dispensation ONLY applies to people collecting or delivering caravans to the compound.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Never get involved yourself it is just not worth the hassle. Just report it to the Warden it is their job to sort this type of thing out, without involving you. They are trained by the club to sort problems such as this. If they involved you then they are not doing the job as instructed by the club.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts