In which part of the country do you live?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
North Nottinghamshire, Gods back garden! Trouble is, I think I'm near the compost heap.
No Martyn, not near Ravenshead, I live in Worksop, but I have worked around Ravenshead, so I know of it, nice area.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
⇦ Hereford, Herefordshire. I bet theres not many who could point to it on the map ;O) Lol, Lisa or Mark, do any of you know where Clipstone is? I was brought up there, a mining village. All my family were in the mines.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
⇦ Hereford, Herefordshire. I bet theres not many who could point to it on the map ;O) Lol, Lisa or Mark, do any of you know where Clipstone is? I was brought up there, a mining village. All my family were in the mines.
Know it? I worked there for a short period of time. They have bright new cable TV network courtesy of myself and my mate Derek.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ex military dude, you know I can pinpoint Hereford too ; )

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lol, my father, brother, brother-in-law, uncles and cousins were all miners. Clipstone is now closed of course although my family still live at Clipstone or locally. Its a small world, I have a friend who lives 5 minutes away (also a caravanner) who is from Ollerton. He played for Rotherham during the 60's and was bought by Hereford United. He married a local girl and settled here. I forgot about the S.A.S. I suppose Hereford is more known for them now than the Hereford Bull or Bulmers Cider heheh. Mark, I was at Clumber Park in March as I find it easier to take the van when visiting my mother. She still thinks I'm a kid and expects me in by 10p.m. I was out one night with my wife, brother and cousin with their families at the Clipstone Miners Welfare Club having a bevvy when I got a call on my mobile. It was mother asking me if I knew what time it was, did I realise it was gone 10p.m. Jeeeezzzzz!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde

Yes it is a small world. I been to Hereford when I was the A, T, C, I stopped at the R, A, F bases. We went to the cider brewery some of us got a bit tipsy there which we got in trouble because we were only 14 years old. I also went in one of the scout helicopter at the bases as well. It was quite a hair razing time. We also went on a 17-mile walk around Hereford. .

We were at Clumber Park on the 29 marches for 4 nights.

Might see you at Clumber Park when we go and stay their next.

We know Clipstone and the surrounding area quite well.

Mark.

PS wife sort spelling out.

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
hello Lh, I live in South Cumbria, Millom to be exact,have been here all my 58yrs, I had a heart by-pass in 97, after which I finally realised what a beautiful place I live in,I have the coast within 1/2 a mile, and the Cumberland fells, and lakes within 1/2 an hours drive. We often take the van 10 miles up the road,to a place called Broughton Mills, it`s great to open the door and see Stickle Pike on the door step,and then take a walk up Dunerdale and call in at the Newfield Inn for lunch and a pint. walk back to the van, then it`s dinner in the Blacksmiths Arms, close to the cl site.

I was talking to one old guy he has retired hear and has a static nearby, he reckons we`ve got the Riviera in front and the Alps and lakes behind, where else do you want to be.Come and have a look IT`S FANTASTIC.
Hi

New to forums so dont know if I have got this right.

Please please tell what is the name of the cl near the Blacksmiths Arms in Millom, Live in Lancashire, would love to visit Millom

Regards

Catherine

Sep 26, 2005
Visit site
My sister and her sons live in clipstone. Moved down years ago from Co Durham when the mines closed. My nephew works at Thoresby colliery

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi - I live in God's wonderfull country where men are men and the sun always shines - you've guessed it south Wales with its marvelous rugby teams, fine ale, good food and beautiful countryside. Who needs to go abroad when there is all this on my doorstep.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lol, my father, brother, brother-in-law, uncles and cousins were all miners. Clipstone is now closed of course although my family still live at Clipstone or locally. Its a small world, I have a friend who lives 5 minutes away (also a caravanner) who is from Ollerton. He played for Rotherham during the 60's and was bought by Hereford United. He married a local girl and settled here. I forgot about the S.A.S. I suppose Hereford is more known for them now than the Hereford Bull or Bulmers Cider heheh. Mark, I was at Clumber Park in March as I find it easier to take the van when visiting my mother. She still thinks I'm a kid and expects me in by 10p.m. I was out one night with my wife, brother and cousin with their families at the Clipstone Miners Welfare Club having a bevvy when I got a call on my mobile. It was mother asking me if I knew what time it was, did I realise it was gone 10p.m. Jeeeezzzzz!
And I thought you had a large country old seat, somewher in teh home counties!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi - I live in God's wonderfull country where men are men and the sun always shines - you've guessed it south Wales with its marvelous rugby teams, fine ale, good food and beautiful countryside. Who needs to go abroad when there is all this on my doorstep.
Colin

I always thought the Quote was "men are men and sheep are nervous"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin

I always thought the Quote was "men are men and sheep are nervous"
Hi Graham - your qoute is more applicable to north and mid Wales - I did say south Wales. One thing I forgot to mention was that the Glamorgan cricket team have not been very well this season and also the loan of two star players to England to defeat the Australians. This should have been referred to as the England & Wales test side. South Wales is often referred to as the Mecca of the West.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham - your qoute is more applicable to north and mid Wales - I did say south Wales. One thing I forgot to mention was that the Glamorgan cricket team have not been very well this season and also the loan of two star players to England to defeat the Australians. This should have been referred to as the England & Wales test side. South Wales is often referred to as the Mecca of the West.
PS the sheep only get worried when you mention mint sauce within ear shot of them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts