Insurance Co's

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been going round in circles getting quotes from insurers and I have narromed it down to two. Tourer Select and Caravanguard(AA)has anyone had any dealing's with either,good or bad,many thanks for all replies Denis.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What criteria are you selecting on Denis?

Past claims paying history?

Financial Strength of the insurer? (Difficult to get a claim paid out of a finacially weak one)

Type of contract?

Wording of the contract?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I recently completed a claim when my caravan was written of and had no hassle what so ever with Saga. They were brilliant and very sympathetic. Only down side is that you have to be minimum of 50 years of age to be able to insure with them. If over 50 then I can thoroughly recommend them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree that Saga are good, so are NFU, the CC and the C&CC.

A good independent broker will be able to give you the low down on strength claims history etc.

I do not deal with General Insurance but would ask if the company has a call centre - if yes think carefully!

If this is not in the UK say no! We are getting a number of reports where peoples identity is "cloned" after their details are dealt with by an offshore call centre. I find it bizarre that we are all protected by the Data Protection Act in the UK and EU but as soon as your data wings its way offshore - no protection at all!!

Also DO NOT use a firm that advertises by leaflet in magazines! Not allowed to mention the main one here but it is known as *&*.

Personally I have found NFU excellent, as is the CC for general admin and help on the phone. However, I have never had to claim.

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
I agree - CC are always helpful whenever Ive contacted them. Had to claim for a damaged front window last year which was sorted with no problem at all.

G

I agree the CC on paper have the 'comfort' factor, but I do feel they play on this to a certain extent. Do remember it is not the CC who is giving the insurance quotes/policies etc. it is Devitts, a wholly owned Company of Royal Bank of Scotland, who also own Direct Line etc. They make little effort to ensure everything is correct. I know to my own cost that I overpaid for several years because of incorrect information until I questioned what they were using to base my quotes on. No apology was offered and so I chose to go elsewhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts