INSURANCE HELP !!!!

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Hiya

I have just bought my first caravan and collect it tomorrow. There seems to be lots of bad feeling to one insurer althogh I have no idea who. Anyway the best quote I have had is from Caravanwise, has anyone any experience of them - are they ok?

I am terrified of towing for the first time, but I will just have to ount how many peeps beep at me :)

JUJU

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hiya julia

we are insured with caravan guard try them for a quote and for towing the van try not to be scared just take it easy and just use your mirrors and all the best with your new van.and for the future.Ian.L

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julia

Most are very good - just one with an awful reputation - what an Extreme & Liability!

Try NFU - cover can be done over the phone and they also allow monthly payments for a minimal extra cost.

If you are members of the CC or C&CC they have good schemes.

Adrian Flux brokers are good but whilst they do offer monthly payments it is organised as a loan with a horrendous APR. You can also have problems stopping the payments if you need to as it is a loan rather than a staggered payment scheme.

Best to use your overdraft facility at your bank - it is cheaper and more flexible.

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hiya again Julia

dont worry about it you will make yourself ill you will sharp got the hang of it all the best for 2 morro let us know how you get on.Ian.L

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Julia

I towed for the first time last weekend, first ten minutes through the centre of Aberdeen was a little nervy, but then straight forward. Just take your time and try to think ahead.

ps You know how you slow down to allow a truck first around a roundabout, well it's the sane with a van, people also allowances for you !!!

take it easy

Val & Frank

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for all your good wishes. I did it !!!! Towed it home and it was easy peasy. Nice bendy country road and the carvan had nothing in it except an empty aqua roll but I DID IT !! Feeling quite chuffed with myself actually, all that worry but YES it was ok. I could tell it was there on the bumpy bits but it was tons easier then I thought it would be but hats off to anyone with a big van cos mines only 13/14ft so fairly easy really. Cant wait now for my first outing which is going to be this weekend.

Thanks again for your help and good wishes x

Ju

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Excellent - Well done. I still get a sence of achievment when having towed something. Seems like a job well done!

Only point I would add is to use your mirrors - I was horrified once at how close the caravan came to a gate post!!

It was pure complacency on my part!

Overconfidence can set in.

Just be alert at all times.

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hello Julia

pleased to hear you got back safe and well ,just some friendly banter make sure you read the manual on how to load the van because you will feel it abit when you are all kitted up. we have just got a new van a bailey pageant bordeaux its bigger than the last van 23ft but its great to tow.so all the very best to you from one caravanner to another caravanner and enjoy your first weekend away in your new van.Ian.L

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts