Is it Nice in Nice ??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Seasons Greetings all , We are considering going to the South of France , Nice area , Can anybody recommend a site , we looked at Les Pinedes . Also is there much to do to keep us and and a 12 yr old occupied for a week or 10 days , Looking at end Aug 11 .

Thanks for any tips .
Rgds Pip

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
We've never taken the van to Nice, but we have visited Nice and Monte carlo, and found them to be the most overated, over-priced places we've ever been.
There aren't many places I don't want to visit again, but this is #2 on my list. #1 is Iceland!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I don't think Nice would be high on my wish-list, either, particularly with children. It's a city, pebble beaches, manic traffic, nice old centre, but charmless elsewhere, and as previously said, expensive. Looking at the website, I think we actually stayed at Les Pinedes about 25 years ago (if it every did Canvas Holiday tents), when my eldest son was about seven and the youngest just a baby! The site was nice, the route down to Nice lovely, and the inland gorges and scenery were wonderful, but Nice itself was a disappointment. We stayed less than our allotted days, and moved to a campsite at Cavalaire, which was much nearer to a more suitable and child-friendly beach.
The area around Frejus/St Raphael is probably a more child-friendly place, with lots of campsites near the beaches, much better sandy beaches, and plenty of attractions to keep children happy - and where we've been back to many times when my sons were small.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
No its horrible for all the reasons allready mentioned.
If it is your fist trip abroard it could easily put you off for good. I went to that area on my first trip in 1982 and it was terribly busy then. I let myself be persuaded to return after 30 years and it was even worse.
If you want a seaside holiday I would suggest the Costa Brava or the Languedoc
Dave

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Only thing I remember about Nice was the biggest Carrefour I've ever seen - 86 checkouts no less and ALL of them manned.

Menton and Ventimiglia (just over the border) are somewhat less crowded.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Only thing I remember about Nice was the biggest Carrefour I've ever seen - 86 checkouts no less and ALL of them manned.

Menton and Ventimiglia (just over the border) are somewhat less crowded.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts