It's Got Me Again!!! Panel Cracks!!!

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi ray what do you mean stance from eldiss. I have only delt with the dealer up to today.
That is what you should be doing however the dealer relies on Elddis for warranty work etc. The consumer has a contract with dealer so all communication is with the dealership.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
So Elddis are paying for materials only at circa £3.5k?
IMO that in itself is an affirmation the product is / was defective.
As Buckman has pointed out the Dealer under CRA must be the direction to go.
How can the Dealer ŵash his hands of the problem knowing Elddis “agree” (WP I expect) the parts are defective.
Don‘t spend your own money on the Labour yet. As Clive said it will be harder to recover.
I’d give the Dealer one more chance , if no progress use the Court. You are halfway there. How can the. dealer try and imply no defect when those hard nosed Makers have caved I ?? Good luck Chris

Crossed with Prof’s . 👍

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi dusty dog,
The manager at glossop caravans wants meeting now with myself this week. Any veiws or ideas of what it could be about.
Wait until they update you on what they want to do and ask them to àlso send you an email as you need to discuss it with a family member and you don't want to get mixed up due to misunderstanding. At that point come back here for further advice.(y)

Reactions: Dustydog and Mel
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
FIrstly I hope the dealer apologises for the way he/she has treated you. In general its always preferable to be able to sort these sorts of issues out without having to resort to taking legal steps. But based on the reports you have made to the forum, I think you would be wise to keep this on a formal basis, and insist on all correspondence and any offers to be made in writing.

I also recommend that if you have any sort of verbal interaction, that you make sure you have a witness to the content and the way it's presented. Keep records of to whom you speak when and what was said or promised.

If you meet the dealer face to face, again I suggest you ensure you have a witness present. If during the meeting the dealer asks you to approve or agree to a particular course of action that he/she suggest, be firm and say you need a few days to consider the offer. Use that time to make a record of who was present and what was said and to make sure whether it's what you want or need, and if it isn't say "No thank you".

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I purchased four brand new caravans from there, 2007, 2010, 2012 and 2014. Their sales team were great, the first three caravans were great, the fourth was a complete lemon, delivered with lots of faults and clearly PDI’d in about 30 seconds.

While the sales team were great at taking my money, the after sales service was shocking, poor communication and no interest in helping. In the end Swift themselves helped me after I contacted them through the now-defunct Swift Talk forum.

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
One should always take sites like Trustpilot with a big pinch of salt. Most people will only post experiences when things go wrong or when they are exceptional in some other respect.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
One should always take sites like Trustpilot with a big pinch of salt. Most people will only post experiences when things go wrong or when they are exceptional in some other respect.
Actually Prof I’d have to disagree with you. If you look at the one in question I’d say 85% gave 5 stars the rest were appalling. Obviously we don’t know the whole story but listening to some tales on here I’d say no smoke without fire.
Let’s take Ukcampsite. No different really to Trustpilot. If we see 80% high scores overall we will happily use them . They are a guide but where else does the punter look for some semblance of truth?

May 3, 2023
Visit site
Wait until they update you on what they want to do and ask them to àlso send you an email as you need to discuss it with a family member and you don't want to get mixed up due to misunderstanding. At that point come back here for further advice.(y)
Hi I am really busy
I was expecting a tele meeting but he has asked for face to face meeting to draw a line in the sand and move on. He said the manufacturer cannot go any further. I know that they have offered everything free including 17.5 hours labour .it is he company the dealer who is not moving on anything .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi I am really busy
I was expecting a tele meeting but he has asked for face to face meeting to draw a line in the sand and move on. He said the manufacturer cannot go any further. I know that they have offered everything free including 17.5 hours labour .it is he company the dealer who is not moving on anything .
Shout , write , Which ? legal, your rights are cast in stone! He either pays the bill or faces a massive very expensive claim refunding you. I must say it doesn’t bode well with me that a supposedly decent Dealer is taking such an intransigent attitude 🤬🤬

May 3, 2023
Visit site
Shout , write , Which ? legal, your rights are cast in stone! He either pays the bill or faces a massive very expensive claim refunding you. I must say it doesn’t bode well with me that a supposedly decent Dealer is taking such an intransigent attitude 🤬🤬
Hi dusty dog
I am an ex rugby league player and ex coalminer I don't get intimidated ,let's be clear about that. I will see what he has to offer pal.

Regards john.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Is it fair to say the dealer is only looking at how much cash he can extract out of me . And that's there soul aim
It can work two ways and there is a good chance that if you follow advice on this thread, the dealer will be the loser. Once you have had the face to face chat with dealer please update us so that our advice can be updated as no good speculating at present. Thanks

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have written a few Trust Pilot reports and am reasonably confident in their vetting and accuracy having experienced the security procedure. Nevertheless, I would still be skeptical. But I do give their reviews more credence. Now Amazon reviews are something else!

John

Reactions: Buckman
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am not convinced by Trust Pilot on service when things go wrong. My experience is more that you get lots of people saying goods were supplied on time or not rather than what happens later, mainly because you are asked to comment immediately after the goods are delivered. People who have problems later tend to complain on other forums.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I am not convinced by Trust Pilot on service when things go wrong. My experience is more that you get lots of people saying goods were supplied on time or not rather than what happens later, mainly because you are asked to comment immediately after the goods are delivered. People who have problems later tend to complain on other forums.
Not necessary. I left a review after we had to goods for at least 6 months. When reading the negatives I ignore those with delivery issues etc and look for reviews that reflect usage of the goods purchased.

Reactions: GaryB
May 3, 2023
Visit site
It can work two ways and there is a good chance that if you follow advice on this thread, the dealer will be the loser. Once you have had the face to face chat with dealer please update us so that our advice can be updated as no good speculating at present. Thanks
Hi buckman,
I have had a meeting with the management at dealership , tour of workshops, as I was sceptical about the front panel replacement. There were caravans in there having very big remedial work done. Any way the result is all parts £3700, labour of 72 hours = 5200 . Totalling £8900. Being done for a cost of a few hundred pounds. Win win all round. For all parties. Thanks you guys for the help and advice.
John.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi buckman,
I have had a meeting with the management at dealership , tour of workshops, as I was sceptical about the front panel replacement. There were caravans in there having very big remedial work done. Any way the result is all parts £3700, labour of 72 hours = 5200 . Totalling £8900. Being done for a cost of a few hundred pounds. Win win all round. For all parties. Thanks you guys for the help and advice.
John.
We really appreciate your update feedback as that is really good news. Our contribution was £600 for the front panel replacement etc. We were happy about that.

Reactions: Dustydog
May 3, 2023
Visit site
Dusty dog,
As said to buckman earlier, had a meeting , tour of workshops. As I was sceptical about the removal of the front panel. Parts totalling £3700, labour totalling, £5200. Grand total of £8900. All being done for a few hundred pounds . Win ,win for all parties.
Regards John.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi buckman,
John.
Good result.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts