I've done the right thing, haven't I?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
OK, We've gone and bought an Eldis avante at the nec. We made sure it was a dealer close to us and I think we got a good trade in on our van. What I need from you all is LOTS of reassurance that I have done the right thing ( if necessary, lie). Also anything that I should especially look for when I collect it, specific to Eldis vans.
many thanks
mel

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mel,

Of course you have done the right thing. I know that feeling, you spend all day looking round the show, weigh up the pros and cons and make a good decision based on lots of sound evidence and judgement. You make THE DECISION and clinch the deal. Euphoria lasts for well over an hour. Then you get home and the doubts set in. Within hours the bed has shrunk to size that you can't possibly fit in; you suddenly doubt that you did actually check that the cooker has four burners; OMG now I think about it I am sure there wasn't a light in the front seating area; did we check that the spare wheel is included..........in fact does that model have wheels?

But take a breath, you really know it was a good choice. You did do your homework and you actually are quite good at this caravan buying thing. In a while you will pick up the van and, you know what, it will be everything you saw at the NEC and more.

Elddis (Explorer before that) had real quality problems around the turn of the millennium - I know, we had a Compass Rallye that needed a new side because of damp - but all the reports are that they have put a great deal of focus on addressing that QA problem and now make sound vans again.

Hold steady, have faith - it will be lovely.

Mike A

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Of course you have done the right thing Mel. The Elldis has ticked all your boxes and you have bought it from a dealer close to home. Hopefully you got a good px too.
Relax , tick off the days on the calandar looking forward to the delivery date.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations Mel
Was it a rush of blood or was the chequebook too heavy?
smiley-laughing.gif

We had a look at the Elddiss recently at the Malvern caravan show and we liked them.
Enjoy!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thank you. Thank you. Mike, you are absolutely right, I questioned everything you mentioned and gave myself a hard time for not checking. In fact I got OH to ring the dealer 3 days later to check if it had a spare wheel! I am sure it will all be fine and we will be very happy.
Thanks again,
a reassured mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts