Kerbweights

Oct 7, 2005
Visit site
Would be interested to know were you get tour kerbweight figures from. I have noticed that you have the vw touran 2.0 litre TDi kerbweight as 1700kg. I found this weight to be 1561kg acording to some kerbweight web sites. Would really apreciate a reply as i am just about to purchase the above mentioned car.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Phone a caravan dealer up tell him you are thing of getting a caravan and you like to now what your car can pull.

You will have to tell the make of car & eng size & year of the car that you are getting

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It is not possible to get accurate kerbweights for any vehicle because these figures are so specific to each individual car, depending on its level of equipment and specification. I gather Audi is an exception here because some time ago, somebody body posted a reply in this forum that the kerbweight of each Audi car appears to be established at the end of the production line as they found a sticker somewhere in the car giving these details. However, this practice is rather an exception.

Often, approximate figures can be obtained out of the respective manufacturer's website. In the case of VW, you can download the brochure of the model you want. The Touran brochure can be found under http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/pdf/touran_brochure.pdf

This shows a kerbweight of 1561kg for the manual and 1595kg for the automatic, in both cases for the 7 seater version.

The figure of 1700kg that you have also read may have been an actual figure measured when somebody took their car to a weighbridge. It is not unusual for actual figures to be considerably higher than the published ones and a difference of 100kg or even more is not unrealistic.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
I always use www.parkers.co.uk to get all the info about cars including towing weights and car weight just look up the car and then go to the review section and select the tech data tab should tell you everything you need to know

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I've just had a look at the Parkers website and doesn't seem to be very clearly laid out. Besides, the information will hardly be any better than what you can find in the car manufacturers' own websites.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
I have to agree it can be a bit of a pain in the rear to get to the data you want but it does have the data for all makes and model in one place so if you are looking for a new car and have several in mind then its easier than multiple manufacturers sites

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts