Kitchen Tap Swivelling

Oct 25, 2006
Visit site
Arrived on site yesterday. All up to then well but now a slight problem.
kitchen tap has started to swivel in places it should not. Normally in use it sits over sink with the lever moved to left or right for hot/cold water. When not in use and sink lid shut down the tap spout sits in middle between now closed sink lid and cooker. It is now loose for some reason and the whole lot is moving. Thought I would find a bolt/thread underneath but cannot see to clearly.
any advice as will have to put up with this for two weeks!
coachman model.
many thanks.
Bernard

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bernard
We have the same thing with our Coachman tap,I met a Coachman owner with the same problem and he had tightened a nut underneath the tap to cure the problem,but he did say he needed a long box spanner to do it,I can only assume the nut is recessed or similar, now I have read your post it has reminded me to fix ours so will have a go tomorrow.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bernard
I have just tightened our tap,I had to remove a drawer first which entailed removing 2 self tapping bolts from inside the drawer,they fit into the metal runners and once they are removed the draw lifts out,in our case you can then see the underneath of the tap fitting.There is a 'C'shaped plate that holds the fitting in place in the worktop,and a thread passes through the plate from the body of the tap,and the whole lot is held in place by a 13mm nut screwed up on the thread. In our case I managed to remove the nut with some right angled pliers,as the nut was loose.I replaced it with a locknut and springwasher and tightend the whole lot back up using a 13mm box spanner,and the whole assembly is now tight in the work surface and the tap moves out of the way of the sink cover better than from new.I suspect the original nut was either not really tight at manufacture or had worked loose in travelling.Hope you find this of use.

Oct 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi Woodsieboy,

Helpful is an understatement, only wish you were here with the actual experience!
I've adapted Sprockets again useful advice and can see the see nut referred too by using a Milenco towing mirror and torch. All I need now is the means to tighten.
I'm very grateful to you both;many thanks.
we are in Norfolk and not so hot to day and therefore might try later.
Bernard

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Bernard,

Maybe if you had spent more time on your tap rather than your blue wind pole it wouldn't have been an issue....
Hope you had a safe journey home and it was good to meet you and your good wife.
Andrew - Karen Andover

Oct 25, 2006
Visit site
Evening Andrew & Karen,

Well Bingo, yes, you got the culprit with the 7.3mtr flag pole and the swivelling tap; good detective work on your part.
Tap fixed but things have gone from bad to worse on the flag front; its for the benefit of the othercampers you know (keep telling Diane that)!!!!. Today taken delivery of a 3D bright yellow Duck windsock and, blame it on Karen and her Sainsbury's bag, an ;'Acid' smiley flag. Unless next outing is to West Ayton you'll not be seeing them!!
Hope journey back to Andover was not as bad as the traffic reports seemed to be indicating; it did not appear to be too good.
Hope to run into you both again some time, very pleasant.
Regards.
Bernard

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
faucets have changed dramatically since the onset of the new no-lead laws.
lots of plastic parts in them now.
i don't know 15-20 years from now how they will all hold up.
taking the lead out of plumbing now means we will live forever but our faucets will not.
buy a delta and forgetaboutit.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
BernardinTring said:
Hi Woodsieboy,

Helpful is an understatement, only wish you were here with the actual experience!
I've adapted Sprockets again useful advice and can see the see nut referred too by using a Milenco towing mirror and torch. All I need now is the means to tighten.
I'm very grateful to you both;many thanks.
we are in Norfolk and not so hot to day and therefore might try later.
Bernard

Clever using the Milenco mirror, good initiative, have to say that I am impressed, well done.

I have a spare flexi-mirror in my tool box, it will go in the caravan forthwith, cheers BernardinTring

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Curious that this thread has been resurrected after 4 years :dry:

However, FWIW, our swiveling tap rather than having a 'C' clamp tightened with a 13mm nut on a stud (as common with household mixer taps) .......has a big plastic backnut which screws onto the main body of the tap. As access to the nut is near impossible, I tighten it by working the tap backwards and forwards while alternately holding/releasing the nut by hand. (easier to do than descibe !).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts