l"amflora costa brava

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Off there on the 23 july stopping overnight at Macon then travelling the rest the next day.Can anyone recommend the best route down from calais ,also if any member has been to this site any info would be great,pitches,pool,beach,etc.Also can you walk to any close by towns,villages.

Thanks To Everyone Who Replies...

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, but if you're already booked at Macon, then you've more or less got your route cut out for you - down the Rhone Valley.

Personally I would have gone the other way, Abbeville, Rouen, Chartres, Orleans, then down the A75 as far as Montpellier. It can save a fortune in tolls, and is just as quick, or quicker if you allow for the almost inevitable hold-ups going through Lyon on the Rhone Valley route.

If it's not too late, then perhaps change your overnight stop so you've a much wider choice of route. Others do the Spanish coast by going down the A20, then through Andorra. This is also surprisingly fast compared to the Rhone Valley, with fewer potential hold-ups.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
We've done this very journey many times, travelling down to Sant Pere Pescador, but staying on the site next door to l'Amfora. We used to travel down the Rhone valley simply because it was just about the only main road route but since the A75 and A20 opened, we haven't used it. Take Val's advice and replan - the A75 is a much better route

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Nigel,

We stayed at L'Amfora for two weeks in 2007. The site is large, almost like a village. There are a mixture of touring caravans with different grades of pitches and static vans and chalets. The site and all its amenities were kept absolutely spotless, it's one of the cleanest sites I have ever been on. Each toilet and shower block had its own designated cleaner who seemed to be there from early morning to late evening continually going around mopping and cleaning plus there were squads of cleaners who would turn up and give the laundry or dishwashing areas a thorough clean.

We were on the 100sq m pitches, they were paired and divided from the next pair by a high hedge. Water and electricity were supplied on this pitch. Some other pitches had their own toilet facilities.

Three separate heated pools were clean and well run, bar restaurant area which was partly indoor partly outdoor again spotlessly clean. Some evening entertainment was held in this area. The noise from this could be heard over the site but it did not go on into the early hours.

A fairly large and well stocked supermarket is onsite with prices a lot cheaper than you would normally find on a "site" shop.

Bicycle hire is available, I can't remember the price. We hired one for my grandson and it was very reasonable.

Wi-fi connection is available either at an internet cafe or on your own laptop throughout the site. Aforementioned grandson was not too impressed with connection speed.

There is direct access to the beach, although we found this a bit disapointing. It is not your normal picture postcard type of beach, more like sand dunes down to the water's edge. Don't know if we were just unlucky but for our entire stay, although the weather was warm and sunny, it was very windy at the beach. Think that might be the regular pattern of weather as there was a wind surfing school there.

San Pere Pescador is, to my mind, a bit too far to walk into.

Overall a clean well run site with good facilities. A little too big and bustling for my own personal tastes but other than that I could not fault it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can concur with everything that Rob-T has said about Camping L'Amfora. We stayed there a couple of years ago on one of the putches with its own toilet/shower but worth the extra cost in my opinion. Whilst the local village is a bit dismal in my opinion, there is some great places to visit in the near area. We will be there in September for a couple of weeks. Listen and watch out for the nightingales - brilliant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts