LB Abbey Vogue

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde

7 May 2006 06:59 PM Mike, when we bought our Abbey in 2004 we were going to Cornwall in a fortnights time so we decided to spend the weekend after picking it up locally to get used to it. Off we went to the CC site at Bromyard. After turning the taps off after bleeding them I could still hear running water. It was pouring out of the shower tap. We had to blank the pipe off before we went to Cornwall then had to take it back to the dealers for a new tap. At lunch time my wife tried to light the oven - nothing - ignition was dead. They came to my home to fix it and found that the electrics hadn't been connected behind the cooker. What happened to Quality Control Inspection?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Now saying that, since then we have had no problems with the exception of the flimsy locker handles. What I do find difficult is the red drain plug underneath the front offside. How the hell do you get it out. Sometimes it comes out easy and I think "what the hell did I do to make it come out that easy" and another time it just wont budge.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
The Abbey Vouge Is a great van I would definatly buy another.

My gripe is that van manufacturers collectivly have the buying power to demand that CRAP TAPS are not fitted (it is their choice.) But if the caravan buyer sits in his sanctamonious ivory lounger and makes excuses for them nothing will happen.

I know that one should drain and leave the tap open, in the hundreds of years that I have been using a van it's the first time I have been cought out. but hundreds are each year. The tap manufacturers are not going to cut of a good earner volentaryly now are they.

OUTLAW CRAP TAPS.

ttfn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Abbey Vouge Is a great van I would definatly buy another.

My gripe is that van manufacturers collectivly have the buying power to demand that CRAP TAPS are not fitted (it is their choice.) But if the caravan buyer sits in his sanctamonious ivory lounger and makes excuses for them nothing will happen.

I know that one should drain and leave the tap open, in the hundreds of years that I have been using a van it's the first time I have been cought out. but hundreds are each year. The tap manufacturers are not going to cut of a good earner volentaryly now are they.

OUTLAW CRAP TAPS.

ttfn
What's this about crap taps Mike? Are not all taps created equal? I blame the owners, if you can't look after taps you shouldn't be allowed to have one. How many times do you see thoughtless owners just leaving the mess sitting there, caused by uncontrolable taps. Please clean up your tap droppings! Then there are those over engineered taps that can go anywhere, far too heavy and use more water than they need to. We don't need taps that can do all things or go anywhere, just use a basic tap that fits the bill and doesn't use so much of our natural resources.

I blame the school run, when will moms realise you don't need big taps to go 500 yards.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Personally I always clean up the cr*p from my taps, it's far cleaner and healthier than trying to poke it down the plug hole with a finger. If we don't close this post immediately the anti-tap whingers will be using it as evidence to ban taps from sites. I've already heard one asking what's all this tap clap trap all about.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I think it is all a bit of pats spat about taps when to fawcett it out of him he is an expert on the subject,that is:-

Ex = has been

Spert = drip under pressure

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Referring back to LB's problem with the red bung thing under the van.If anyone knows how to get the wretched thing out without an accompanyment of cursing and swearing I would be glad to hear of it and put me, hubby and Lord B out of our collective misery. By the way whats it for??

Gill - Mikes wife

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi, To remove the red bung, push the bung toward the pipe, pull back the small collar at the same time pulling the bung out, a bit fiddley but once you've done it, an easy job, the bung is there to drain the cold water system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts