LD Lines

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone tried booking for next year with LD Lines yet?

I've tried several dates and all I get is Sorry no crossings found.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've been looking at LD lines via the Caravan Club website and their prices seem very competitive Portsmouth to Le Harvre. Has anyone actually used them, and if so how does accommodation, service and general performance compare with Brittany ?

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Ray,

we've used LD Lines a few times now and feel we're justified in saying that you get what you pay for in terms of facilities.

The boat used in our opinion is too small for the crossing with not enough to occupy you during an 8-hour overnight crossing. The main problem is that like other operators, LD Lines seem to think you'll sleep throughout, so they don't need to 'entertain' you. Well, you could sleep if they had a) enough cabins, b) enough reclining chairs or c) if they had enough available floorspace to lie on.

Restaurants are open briefly upon departure, and just before docking for brekky. Shops close early and don't have the stock to keep you interested.

BUT, their prices are very competitive. saying that, because they didn't have the cabin availability for our homeward journey back to France last month, we chose Britanny Ferries instead. And paid through the nose for it. No restaurants, no shops....BUT we had a cabin!

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terry

Have gone into ld lines, I get the prices up but having trouble with booking cabin.

Do you know a way around booking for three. It won't let me book a four berth or a two and a single berth. Just keeps saying not enough passengers for accommodation. Have rechecked the passengers keyed in or is this a problem they have?

G

Hi,

I have just booked LD lines for June 2007 via the Caravan Club. This was for a Nissan X Trail and Hymer 465 caravan. Out on 3/6/07 and back 23/6/07 with 2 berth cabin each way for

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
hi. tried doing a booking with LD for June through the CC website. got a good price but wanted full payment now. Will phone tomorrow to try and pay deposit now and the rest in march

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I've been looking at different times to get prices. They seem pretty reasonable for a long crossing when stacked against britteny

G

Hi,

Andrew,when you get to payment section there is a box that shows full payment. If you click on it it shows another pull down box for a

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Valerie, am I right in thinking that the camping card is for holidays/sites in low season, for only 2 people and is not much use during school holidays?

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Correct, they are only available to 30th June and from 1st September. I must say that camping in France out of season has become a delight to us now that we are retired and long may all of the "old folks" continue camping and caravanning for as long as they are able.

Valerie

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Correct, they are only available to 30th June and from 1st September. I must say that camping in France out of season has become a delight to us now that we are retired and long may all of the "old folks" continue camping and caravanning for as long as they are able.

Valerie
I am not wishing my life away but it must be nice to go abroad off peak season when things are a bit more sedate. The time will come.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
A fellow caravanner had a brochure from this company on site this year. The site we were on and will probably go back to next year is not available.At least with this company it appears that the site owners get there money quicker and we dont have to part with it so early.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts