Leaking front windows

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Hello all,
I have a Bailey senator series 6 Louisiana, i love this van but have has the odd teething problem, we found that the seals were not working as they should and have had water leaking in them. I have put some wurth silicone spray on them and am hoping will solve the problem, i will find out when i go back in February. As i was worried and didn't want to cause any unwanted damp i left the two front windows on the second catch as this seems to resolve the problem, My uncle has a Bailey senator series 6 and has the same problem. Does anyone know if this is a common fault and what is the best course of action to resolve the matter.
thank you in advance B)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Yes. Our Wyoming has the same weakness but the cure is usually simple .
Fully open all three front windows as far as you can. Using clean cloths with detergent thoroughly wipe the top ledge of the frame. Loads of crud collects and causes a poor seal. Then with Fast Glass or similar clean the windows and the rubber seals. Then as you have already done apply silicone to the seals.
It’s worked for us for the last eight years.

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for your reassurance. I did this at the end of the year, I'm going back mid Feb so i will tackle then, I'm sure there will be some rain for me to test it. My uncles is the wyoming, beautiful caravans.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts