leather quality & size of TV cabinet

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
We are thinking of buying a Buccaneer Clipper so my wife rang up the head office to find out what grade of leather they use on the front benches. They don`t know!!! She also asked what is the size of the TV cabinet and got the same reply. We are over 2 hrs away from the dealer. When your going to spend over £26000.00 you would think they would have some answers. Dose anyone know the answer to any of my questions here? Regards, Peter

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I was at the Western Caravan show at the 3 Counties showground, Malvern over the weekend and looked round several models. If I remember correctly Peter in the Buccaneer models the flat screen tv is mounted on an intergrated pull down bracket. Sorry that I can't help with the grade of leather though.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Pardon my ignorance, but how many grades of leather are there? I have never heard of car manufacturers giving details of the leather that they use, either.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz
I came across this:
"Just a bit of useless info.

Leather has 3 grades and the best leather comes from Finland

Back in the 60-70 BMC uesed grade 3 and had the texture of an orange, where as Jaguar used a grade 2. RR used there own sourced leather.

Grade 1 is totally unsuitable for cars, as it would wear too quickly.

When I re did the RR I went to Finland to a Leather pruducer and very interest it was"

We live quite close to RR now Bentley and the cars used to stop at the village shop next to the village school where I taught when they were on test
A lovely chocolate brown was in fashion then but mine never arrived
It use to be said that RR sourced its leather from cows raised in fields with no barbed wire

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Thanks for the info, John. I knew that there are different types of leather (full grain, suede, etc.), but I'd never heard of different grades before.

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
One of my sons works for a leading furniture store and he told me that there are two grades, grade 10 & 20. He told me that grade 20 is the best. Grade 10 is the one that might have the barbed wire damage and or bruising. Like i said if you are paying an extra £1099.00 you want to know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts