Legality of selling surplus gas bottles

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'd have thought that this load of hot air would have run out of gas by now :lol:
I'll get my coat...........

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Parksy said:
I'd have thought that this load of hot air would have run out of gas by now :lol:
I'll get my coat...........

knick knack paddy whack give the Prof a bone, :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: .

lets just put it this way, in the real world, as opposed the utopian world of Orwell's 1984, there are no moral police and scrutiny of anything related to the humble gas bottle, Calor do not know who has the bottles or how many or even how many agreements are still current, because there is no mechanism to check, the fact is even Calor don't care while ever you are prepared to pay the exorbitant rates for a refill.
everything else is just posturing by the morally superior on their high horses.

I know one thing for sure if I was just going to start using gas, and went to Calor for a cylinder and was told I had to pay £40 for the privilege of renting the container and then £20 on top for the gas,, and sign an agreement, binding me to them for the next 50years I would go tell them to take a hike, buy a refillable @ at just over twice the price, for a bottle I own, and buy much cheaper gas for the next 50 years,
just has me wondering if thats why they dont make a fuss over the bottles changing hands, because if everybody did that no one would pay for the refills,

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
You're right Colin, (I've been criminalised for 40 years now, I just hope the Calor directors can sleep peacefully with their consciences over this victimisation. (I seem to be able to!)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
You're right Colin, (I've been criminalised for 40 years now, I just hope the Calor directors can sleep peacefully with their consciences over this victimisation. (I seem to be able to!)

Just think of the back rent you owe :evil:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well well, Mr Woods of Benfleet, Essex hasn't been folowing this thread as in this months (August) PC magazine, has a full propane lightweight bottle for sale. Maybe it's not a Calor lite.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Well well, Mr Woods of Benfleet, Essex hasn't been folowing this thread as in this months (August) PC magazine, has a full propane lightweight bottle for sale. Maybe it's not a Calor lite.

Well this is bizarre. :p
The Hay market rules and regs will not endorse a wrong doing :eek:hmy:
One must assume all adverts before publication are scrutinised for accuracy and legality. :whistle:
I have no problem with the advert.
They are two a penny on ebay as we all know :p ;)

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Simples........the gas cylinders are like coinage and bank notes.
They are yours whilst in your possession to use and swap. exchange as you wish.
They can even be stolen from you and you will consider it as a theft.
The actual physical objects however belong to someone else.

Sorted!!

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
5062566_zpsdssxa002.jpg

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
First up we have 12 cylinders of various sizes at home, all obtained from a calor gas outlet or with caravans, we have never been given nor had our attention drawn to any contract, therefore in law no contract can exist, I would image many are in the same boat.

Secondly, selling a cylinder is like selling a leasehold flat, you are not selling ownership you are merely passing on your intererest in the property to another person, all perfectly legal. If you were to sell it for scrap or turn it into a bbq now that is a different matter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts