Lickhill Manor pitch available Easter.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Gary

I popped in there last week and noticed no bank. It seemed a little tight for bigger vans past reception but that was all.

Unless you mean the access road, then I have to agree, but it is tarmaced

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lets hope the weather is better and this was a couple of years ago but the Tarmac stopped at the foot off the bank by the side of the toilet block. Our problem was as all the vans came off at the same time the grass leading to it got badly churned up and you could not reach the tarmac!!

Maybe what I should have said is make sure the car drivers get safely off first and then the 4x4's can play!.

That narrow bit by reception you speak of is OK though as long as you pick the right line

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank goodness for that, doesn't leave you long to arrange for the fancy dress and you can't come as Baldrick (Brian got that one) but do your best. If you haven't read about whats going on, and lets face it we have been pretty secretive about it, now is a good time to do so. Welcome aboard Joby.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It was very kind of Colin to allocate his pitch to us, but we have just run into another problem regarding this pitch. I have been under treatment for back pain for the past two weeks and assumed that it would eventually just go away, but the results of further tests show that the problem could be around for several weeks or more and consequently I am now off work. Unfortunately this also means that I may not be able to drive or tow due to the type of pain killers I have been prescribed.

We would like to know if there is any one else that has expressed an interest in taking over the pitch?

We can still drop in for a visit as I can still get about to a reasonable degree and we offer the loan of 2 x BBQs and Cadac if required however it is unlikely I will be able to tow the caravan up there and Margaret will not tow with my truck.

If any one else expresses an interest please let us know and we can then make the necessary arrangements. I apologise for the inconvenience, but this was totally unforeseen.

If this can be posted in other forums it would be appreciated.
Next one then Ian, in the meantime get that back of yours into shape. Have you tried a chiropractor? My wife has back pains and the women she sees has done a great job.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there

Looks like our friends Emma & Alan have taken Gooner/Ians pitch for the Fri, Sat, & Sun and by pure coincidence my meeting Thur pm is postponed so we are going to take Gooner/Ian's Thur night spot - worked out well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Very much coincidence - my meeting on Thur pm was made some time ago and nobody realised it was the day before Good Friday.

So the great Brittish work ethic of POETS day (or in this case POETGF) is alive and well and living in the New Forest.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We will probably pop around on Friday sometime to introduce ourselves and then come over for BBQ or drinks on the Saturday. Look forward to putting face to names. We'll put the poster in the front window of the car so people will know we are the lame, sick and wounded who could not make it! :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You are welcome at anytime Ian, however, by your description of breakfast, I think your talents are best used first thing in the morning.

TRENDING THREADS