loire Valley

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of taking a trip to the Loire Valley in September.

My children have flown the nest so it is just me my wife and caravan.

Has anyone got any recomendations / suggestions on possible sites please.

Any information would be most welcome.

Many Thanks........Mike

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mike - try the websites www.campingcheque.co.uk and www.campingcard.com for details of sites which offer discounts on the normal site tariffs during low season (September is definitely low season). In fact you should beware that many French sites close in early to mid-September, and facilities may be reduced on some of those which are open.

Both websites have an easy search facility to find sites, but search under Poitou-Charente as well as Loire Valley. The dates when Camping Cheques are accepted are oddly in the American format (I have made them aware of this - it's a new website, still with some glitches) but hard to get your head around when there's a list of dates!

Le Chant d'Oiseau (http://www.loire-gites.com/) is not part of either of the above schemes, is British owned, and does come highly recommended on another camping forum - haven't been there myself.

Almost every French town will have a municipal site, often centrally situated, so if you fancy a particular town just google 'Camping Muncipal.............)

In September you shouldn't need to book anywhere at all. We've holidayed in late August/early September for many years, and never book anything, we just go where the weather forecast is best.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
A site we particularly like is "De L'etang" near the town of Brissac-Quince (ACSI no. 953). It depends if you have similar likes to us I suppose. The sanitary arrangements are very good, a wide range of footpaths and cycle paths start from the site and a walk of about half a mile along the river takes you into the small town which has it's own ch

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Mike,our old favourite is Camping De La Touche near Tours and Loches.It is owned by a British couple called John and Roz who have their motorhome on site.John is so helpful and even does shopping for special requests.The showers and laundry facilities are clean and modern.Free WiFi too. Above ground splash pool.Local town is Liguiel.Very reasonable site fees and open all year.People keep revisiting every year and some then decide to store their vans and pick them up on the way to Spain.Relaxed and friendly site.We will be going back sometime this year.Have at look at the website and see what you think.

Thursdays Child

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Mike,our old favourite is Camping De La Touche near Tours and Loches.It is owned by a British couple called John and Roz who have their motorhome on site.John is so helpful and even does shopping for special requests.The showers and laundry facilities are clean and modern.Free WiFi too. Above ground splash pool.Local town is Liguiel.Very reasonable site fees and open all year.People keep revisiting every year and some then decide to store their vans and pick them up on the way to Spain.Relaxed and friendly site.We will be going back sometime this year.Have at look at the website and see what you think.

Thursdays Child
Many thanks for all the help guys.........Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts