Lunar roof vent leak question.

May 2, 2022
Visit site
This is our 2nd year of caravanning and with a 10 year old Lunar I'm no stranger to the odd issue. This weekend after rain, we found water was dripping down the air vent above the microwave then out via the corner of the wood trim. The air vent is a small mushroom type on the roof though with no access to the seal. Removing the microwave to check the leak it looked as though the water was actually dripping down the inside of the vent rather than leaking around a seal. It wasn't windy or heavy rain but the was a slight bit of pooling on the roof. Any one had water tracking up the outside of a vent then down it before?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I haver never come across this and find it difficult to see how it could happen as you suggest. These vents have been used on huge numbers of caravans and if it was a problem it should have been picked up and cured many years ago. I would check for any cracks or other problem with the vent but otherwise I would have to say the seal looks the likely culprit.

May 2, 2022
Visit site
I haver never come across this and find it difficult to see how it could happen as you suggest. These vents have been used on huge numbers of caravans and if it was a problem it should have been picked up and cured many years ago. I would check for any cracks or other problem with the vent but otherwise I would have to say the seal looks the likely culprit.
Thanks for your response. I did find the same thing on another thread elsewhere bit 1 other issue doesn't exactly make it a common problem. If it was particularly windy or torrential rain I could accept it. Looks like a removal and reseal job to do then. Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts