Migrant members from Swift Talk?

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Some here will remember Swift Talk which was closed a while back. There was a small group of people who constantly ruined conversations with small talk and bickering. They used to compete to see who could post the biggest multi quote answer. I wonder where they went? Not here, surely?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some here will remember Swift Talk which was closed a while back. There was a small group of people who constantly ruined conversations with small talk and bickering. They used to compete to see who could post the biggest multi quote answer. I wonder where they went? Not here, surely?
I’m sure that good sense will continue to prevail. If not we have two excellent moderators in Parksy and Damian.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I’m sure that good sense will continue to prevail. If not we have two excellent moderators in Parksy and Damian.

Or good cop, bad cop :p

Will they have to apply for asylum if they stay here?

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
That vocal minority of opinionated idiots ruined a perfectly good forum. The problem was minimal moderation which led to "normal" contributors choosing not to contribute because of prospective argumentative and discourteous responses. This led to a dominant clique who thought they owned the forum.
I just gave up following it.
A good idea from Swift ruined by a minority of "contributoers."

Reactions: Ern
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That vocal minority of opinionated idiots ruined a perfectly good forum. The problem was minimal moderation which led to "normal" contributors choosing not to contribute because of prospective argumentative and discourteous responses. This led to a dominant clique who thought they owned the forum.
I just gave up following it.
A good idea from Swift ruined by a minority of "contributors."
A few years ago we were considering buying a Swift so joined the Swift forum. It became very apparent that some posters, one in particular thought they were moderators and owned the forum. They bullied anyone who complained about an issue with their caravan. Anyway never bought a Swift and never went back to the forum.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
In defence of that forum, which I have visited very rarely, when I have had a technical issue with Swift, I have always had good and detailed responses, sometimes from Swift themselves, and I found it a good medium to get in touch with Swift as their customer service telephone leave much to be desired.

And the thing with bullies, they only get away with it if you let them. Sometimes these forums are very much like the school playground, thankfully not this one, and they all like to have their little gangs, usually because they havent the confidence in themselves to just be themselves.

As has been said, we have two excellent moderators here with two very different styles and both work well. I wouldnt be worried about the little keyboard warriors coming here, or lasting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts