Milenco lock security

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Morning all, thought it might help someone if I related something that happened at the weekend...

I know we're not supposed to name and shame particular items of kit, but I believe in this case it's important to identify the type of lock involved - I use a Milenco Compact wheel lock like this one:

On Saturday I was taking the wheels off the caravan, to take to the tyre shop...I jacked up the side opposite the wheel lock and removed the wheel, when I went round the other side of the van the wheel lock had popped clear of where it engages with the wheel nut, and could have been forced clear of the wheel.

I'm not saying there's a security weakness with the lock, it could be that I'd fitted it incorrectly, but I thought anyone using this sort of lock might be interested to know what can happen if someone with malicious intent jacks the caravan up! I'm pretty confident, give the age and condition of my 'van, that no-one is going to bring a matching wheel to fit just to nick my caravan, but you never know these days!

In case anyone is wondering why I only removed one wheel, I'm having new tyres fitted to the spare and one road wheel - then the other road wheel can become the spare.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I doubt that clamp will resist anything but the most basic attack and is best reserved for use when stopping on services and the like. If you want security Milenco make far better clamps.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Yes, I have to admit I'm disappointed by the quality, an item costing over seventy quid should be better than this. This caravan is in its last couple of seasons because of damp problems that would cost far more than the van is worth to put right, I'll get a much better clamp before the replacement van arrives.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts