Minimum bookings

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
I've noticed a lot of parks have a minimum 4 night rule for bank holidays, which I can understand, but 7 nights is plain crazy. I hope their bookings drop as a result so that they will review this policy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't really agree with a FOUR night minimum for bank holidays. Most are only three nights long, the exception being Easter.

I also think it penalises people who work odd hours or shifts, or any other reason for not booking 4 or more nights. I appreciate the site owners predicament, obviously they prefer a full site, but how would they feel if everyone voted with their feet (or wheels) and didn't book at all - I presume the site owner would snap their hands off for the booking. Anyone quoting 7 night minimum stay would certainly be crossed of my list whatever the price or facilties.

I have noticed that a lot of CL/CS's are now stating a minimum stay at bank holidays too. One near us which I'd like to try, states a minimum of 5 nights for Spring Bank. Not for me I'm afraid.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Seven nights minimum sounds pretty excessive for a break that for most people lasts no more than 3 nights. It may be worthwhile calling their bluff on this one: last Spring Bank Holiday, we had not expected to be able to get away, but at the last minute found that we could. After phoning around, we only found one site that had vacancies, but they wanted a four night minimum. We refused to book this, but left our phone number with them 'just in case'. Within a couple of hours, they were on the phone, saying they had spaces and could, after all, accept a two night booking! So don't give up - if Easter approaches and they still have spaces, they will probably be glad to fill them for as many days as they can get!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Blackmail comes to mind. Don't book with the sites that are so unreasonable. With a bit of luck they will be almost empty and next year change their attitude.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts