Mirrors for DS4

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
I have a 2017 DS4 which has teardrop shaped rear view mirrors. I have towed caravans for over 50 years and have several types of towing mirrors. Beacause of the shape of the rear view wing mirrors I don't seem to be able to find any that will fit on safely without rubber bungy or cable ties. I was very happy with the three different types I have but cannot seem to find any that will safely stay on without additional strapping.
Anyone have any idea of a brand that will simply fit on this car without issues??

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a 2017 DS4 which has teardrop shaped rear view mirrors. I have towed caravans for over 50 years and have several types of towing mirrors. Beacause of the shape of the rear view wing mirrors I don't seem to be able to find any that will fit on safely without rubber bungy or cable ties. I was very happy with the three different types I have but cannot seem to find any that will safely stay on without additional strapping.
Anyone have any idea of a brand that will simply fit on this car without issues??
Milenco aero or grand aero seem to be suited for a wide range of cars. Have a look at those. Milenco tech support are good to talk to.

Reactions: DeauxChevaux
Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Thank you otherclive, I have looked at these as a result of your lead and all the reviews/ videos of them. I think you are right and have purchased a pair from Amazon. I've seen them on other cars but the recomendations seem to suggest they are (expensive) but the best to try. :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you otherclive, I have looked at these as a result of your lead and all the reviews/ videos of them. I think you are right and have purchased a pair from Amazon. I've seen them on other cars but the recomendations seem to suggest they are (expensive) but the best to try. :)
Hope you can get some to work. There are those who mount them atop the mirror housing, others find them better mounted below. The shape of modern car mirrors are getting quite complex and clearly challenge towing mirror designers.

Reactions: JRT

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site

A family member had a similar issue with a SanYong SUV.

She solved it by fixing them on the bottom edge of the housing rather than the more usual top.

Edit - sorry should have said they were Milenco Aero.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240522-181329.png
    Screenshot_20240522-181329.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: DeauxChevaux
Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Thanks guys for your advice. I have bought a set of Aero 4 mirrors and tried fitting them. They seem to do what I want. One of the sets of mirrors I already had was the Milenco Falcon with the same mirror head but rubber straps and was the type I had to use cable ties and bungy straps to hold in place. Looks like I have spare mirror heads if needed :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts