MONEY NO OBJECT?

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
If money were no object which caravan would you recommend for a couple and two 9 year old children? We are in our fifties and would like to buy a caravan to use ourselves but which our son and his family wil also have the use of .If we bought new and needed to sell after a couple of years what sort of depreciation would we expect? Financially would there be much difference in buying one a couple of years old .I figure that if we start by looking at the very best then we can decide what sort of comprimises we are preparedo make if we don't like the price tag(WHICH i DON'T THINK WE WILL!)

Thanks Lynne

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Lynne, from your posting I suspect this could potentially be your first caravan.

From my own experience, I wouldn't jump in with two feet and purchase a new caravan, instead I would go for a well cared for used one, probably a couple of years old. If money is not an object then you should be able to get a good quality 'van, then, if you decide caravanning is not for you, you haven't lost thousands in depreciation.

To get your moneys worth from a brand new caravan, in our experience you would need to keep it at least three years plus. We paid over

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Economically, I would agree with Wendy, though you would not lose so much if you sold privately. I read somewhere that depreciation averages 10% per annum, but is worst in the first 2/3 years.

For used prices take a look at www.caravanpriceguide.com

New prices go from around

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
I would buy a 2 year old fixed bed with either a side washroom or a end washroom. A good awning and an annex aswell. I have a 2008 bailey senator wyoming i love it and wouldnt change it. it will br growing old with us.

jo-anne

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I would buy a 2 year old fixed bed with either a side washroom or a end washroom. A good awning and an annex aswell. I have a 2008 bailey senator wyoming i love it and wouldnt change it. it will br growing old with us.

jo-anne
If you ignore the super heavyweight airstreams theres no contest its the Hymer Nova thick end of 30k but nothing english comes close. As a dealer I no longer trade in any english caravans they are poorly made and leak like sieves. Regretfully caravanning journalists are still obsessed with anything English hopefully tht will change one day......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts