More madness

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Surely if you go into a gay bar and hear an Irish accent isn't beyond anyones intelligence to ask if and why they now live in London in preference to Ireland.

----

You might find you get a pasting instead of an intelligent answer.

Sorry

Lisa

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
LB quoted.

"You see no wrong in illegal immigrants flooding into the country, none of them asylum seekers, just economic refugees hiding under the asylum seeker title because they have more protection under the "human rights act".

You see no wrong in covering the country in concrete and bricks.

You see no wrong in our prison or judical system.

You see no wrong in our corrupt M.P.s who have a licence to print their own money.

You see no wrong in town hall officialdom and waste. Where council taxes are going through the roof to pay the town hall moguls their

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site
I'm planning on submitting an application for a grant to study into why 28 year old blokes don't like flat beer.

About 50 grand should do. I plan to spend a year roaming from pub to pub to consume a pint in each one then when I get a flat pint I will write my feelings down in a diary and at the end of the year I will write up a conclusion and submit it to a university for analysis.

Perhaps this vital information will assist pubs chains to stop serving flat beer (and therefore reduce the mount of wastage) and save the pub industry millions of pounds in lost beer every year.

I might even accidentally cure cancer in doing this - you never know.

It's worth a bloody try isn't it?

They'll grant money for any old crap these days!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
...... and why is that? Is the question beyond their intelligence? Don't think so :O)

Using your scenario how on earth is Dr. Roisin Ryan-Flood (letters after her name) going to conduct her research without coming to grevious bodily harm?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm planning on submitting an application for a grant to study into why 28 year old blokes don't like flat beer.

About 50 grand should do. I plan to spend a year roaming from pub to pub to consume a pint in each one then when I get a flat pint I will write my feelings down in a diary and at the end of the year I will write up a conclusion and submit it to a university for analysis.

Perhaps this vital information will assist pubs chains to stop serving flat beer (and therefore reduce the mount of wastage) and save the pub industry millions of pounds in lost beer every year.

Paul, go the whole hog, tell them you want to research warm beer at the same time and they'll double it to

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
sod it - i'm gonna do research into which country breeds women with the firmest breasts

Someone's bound to need to know and give me a few quid.

I'm not sure the wife will be too pleased tho
If you do get funding for it and need an assistant contact me at Screwemm Hall.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Because approaching people in a bar whilst they are out enjoying themselves is not the way to go about conducting research.

Although no expert, I would have thought the researcher would approach clubs and organisations/place adverts in appropriate magazines/universities etc in order to find people willing to engage in the research. As I say, I'm not a researcher so I don't know the correct answer and I could be completely wrong.

Lisa

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Nothing to do with their gender, what they do in private is their own business as long as they don't try and touch me up ... hehheh!

The point is/was why should an English university get funding from the likes of me to research why gays/lesbians move from Ireland to London when all they have to do is ask a couple of them.

Surely if you go into a gay bar and hear an Irish accent isn't beyond anyones intelligence to ask if and why they now live in London in preference to Ireland. I think most would know the answer without asking for

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Gentlemen, I think you should be ashamed of yourselves re the way uou respond to Mr Giovani's posts!

I find it refreshing to find someone with such faith in our government and academics and we should accept that some research benefits us all no matter what it may have cost!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lord B. I'm not trying to alter your opinion and I am staying out of your debate with gio. But you might be interested to know that there has been research on the outcomes for children adopted by gay and lesbian couples and this showed that these children did as well as (and sometimes better than)children adopted by straight couples. Equally children adopted by gay couples were no more likely to be gay themselves than children brought up in straight families. Children born to a gay parent are more likely to be gay themselves as homosexuality has a biological basis. Best wishes

mel
Thanks Mel.

I really don't know how they came to that conclusion considering allowing gays to adopt is only a recent occurrence.

Whether the child will grow up to be gay/lesbian if adopted by them I don't know but I do think it's wrong to adopt small children who can have no say in the matter. :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Sadie, you've made me all repentant now :O(

Sorry gio for trying to make you see the light and now realising what a fool I was when, after all, I should be thankful for what we have and the fine government and what it supplies us with. I should know you were right all the time and promise to wear the blinkers from now on. I also promise if I need a rest from the blinkers they will be replaced by rose tinted spectacles.

I will now go and sit in the corner and after gargling with Holy maids water I will chant 10 times, "I am truly grateful for all that our government do for us, may God protect them, especially our illustrious leader, Gordy Broon".

O.K. repentance over, wheres gio???

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Mel.

I really don't know how they came to that conclusion considering allowing gays to adopt is only a recent occurrence.

Whether the child will grow up to be gay/lesbian if adopted by them I don't know but I do think it's wrong to adopt small children who can have no say in the matter. :O)
Actually allowing gay and lesbian people to adopt is not a new occurrence. The last Children and Adoption Act(2005?) was portrayed that way by the media. Prior to this act the problem was not about being gay but being unmarried. When a married couple got an adoption order they both got legal parental responsibility. When an unmarried couple whether gay or straight wanted to adopt, the adoption order was made in the name of only one of the couple and the other partner got parental responsibility by then applying for a residence order. The most recent adoption and children act changed that so an adoption order could be made in the name of both unmarried partners. The issue was about being unmarried but the media portrayed it as a gay issue. We have placed children with gay couples for a long time before the adoption and children act, it is just legally more elegant now.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I checked the first one Lisa. I saw this ....

If Rugby is your game, the Emerald Warriors are a gay rugby club in Dublin who will be happy to welcome visitors.

Who do they think they are kidding. No way would I allow one of those to get their head between my legs in a scrum :O(

The truth is though, the catholic church still denounces gay/lesbian relationships and I cannot see the day where they will be able to marry into the catholic church or adopt children. Answer, come this side of the water. They can then marry and adopt. Won't be long before they will have IVF. Poor kid when he grows up won't know who his/her father is.

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site

Paul i,m the man to assist you , i can taste the beer for a second opinion and help whayhay the breasts .

English beer swiller with FEELINGS , STEVE.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I note that "They also need to know how Irish bi-sexuals are treated once they reach London".

Are Irish bi-sexuals treated differently than bi-sexuals of other nationalities in London? Unless they wear a badge with "I am an irish bi-sexual" on it how would anybody know?

So many questions, I can see that

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts