Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Just thought I would say hello...

Bought an old 96 swift Van a couple of years ago as we have young kids and thought they would enjoy it... And we didn't want to spend much as it was our first, and... well... kids!

Love the hols we have had so far, although as such an old van it hasn't been without its problems, and has cost a bit along the way to fix!

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Anseo

We live near Market Harborough. Main site we visit is Newlands at Charmouth as the kids love it, but have done a fair amount of small farm sites all over as well.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Racingcars, welcome to the forum.
Hopefully you'll be able to pick up tips to save you money on repairs from this forum :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Many of us started with tents, trailer tents, and/or older vans; but once the bug has bitten, there’s no going back. Enjoy.
Mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Once you have the bug there may be no stopping you. We moved up from a tent to a very small second hand caravan and over the years have moved up with each caravan getting bigger and better.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
racingmars said:
Hi,

Just thought I would say hello...

Bought an old 96 swift Van a couple of years ago as we have young kids and thought they would enjoy it... And we didn't want to spend much as it was our first, and... well... kids!

Love the hols we have had so far, although as such an old van it hasn't been without its problems, and has cost a bit along the way to fix!

Welcome to the Forum. Newer vans aren't without their problems too! Mines 6 years old and last year it had to have a new rear panel and a new axle assembly. And "No" I don't think that I have over loaded it, but cannot speak for the first owner. :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome Racingmars, as OC states, new vans also have their problems, but once you have a good one that you like and love stay with it, Our 6 years old only a few snags in the first few years, nothing to do with damp. Sticking with this one for the seeable future.

DSC-0012-1-zpsz7f8hszd.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts