Multi site-suggestions please

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
We are new to caravanning (only 2 trips) but have decided that in order to get the most out of our trips we should try a multi-site adventure over two maybe three weeks. If anyone has any suggestions especially if they are ones you have done. I would be grateful. The group would be hubby, 4yr old daughter and myself. We live near the M61 in Bolton, Lancs so access to N Wales, Yorkshire, Cumbria & SW Scotland is possible.

Many thanks

Janis

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
Hello janis! my wife Daughter and i are coverted campers and got are van last year, were from the wigan area!

We find best way isto decide where we want to end up for most of our trip then find 1 or 2 sites on way to book into and same for way home just so not sat on motorways for 6 hours.

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Hello janis! my wife Daughter and i are coverted campers and got are van last year, were from the wigan area!

We find best way isto decide where we want to end up for most of our trip then find 1 or 2 sites on way to book into and same for way home just so not sat on motorways for 6 hours.
Thanks Brian. We got our van late last year we plan to use it loads this year. Where have you been, any recommendations.

Janis

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Janis, we don't live far from you either, in Skelmersdale and we have been all over in the past 5 years in our vans.

We generally stick to CC sites and all are usually very good in the areas you mention we have been to, Chirk and Ffestiniog in North Wales, grassington, Strid wood and York in yorkshire,

Coniston and Ravenglass in Cumbria and Ayr in SW Scotland.

Brians suggestion above is sensible and don't forget the world is your oyster now!!

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
jacobs mount in scarborough is nice all serviced pitches with own lighting as a bonus. has a nice kiddies playground and there is loads to do in scarborough for your 4 yr old

jasper small world I grew up in skem till I was 15 usually stop off at abbey farm caravan park nr ormskirk to visit family on the way home to the borders

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
jacobs mount in scarborough is nice all serviced pitches with own lighting as a bonus. has a nice kiddies playground and there is loads to do in scarborough for your 4 yr old

jasper small world I grew up in skem till I was 15 usually stop off at abbey farm caravan park nr ormskirk to visit family on the way home to the borders
Hi Jo, Place probably has'nt changed much except for the worse !!.

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Janis

If you fancy SW Scotland then I can reccomend the CC sites at Ayr (Craigie Gardens), Garlieston and New England Bay. Also the C&CC site in Moffat. All have good facilities. Garlieston is members only but I think the others are open to all. We mainly use Club sites like Jasper as I think that you know what standard the facilities will be.

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Janis

If you fancy SW Scotland then I can reccomend the CC sites at Ayr (Craigie Gardens), Garlieston and New England Bay. Also the C&CC site in Moffat. All have good facilities. Garlieston is members only but I think the others are open to all. We mainly use Club sites like Jasper as I think that you know what standard the facilities will be.
Thanks for the suggestions. We are members of both Clubs so thats ok.Janis

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Janis

The things that a short stay the CCC site at Moffat would have for your 4yr old would be animals about,maybe ponies,-cutsey piglets when we were there! Also the garden centre place ajoining the site had a good park with wee diggers and sand I think. In town there is a park with a boating pond and a sprinkler activity coloured play area for children on warm days-great fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts