New Altea Payloads

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just looking at Altea specifications and how refreshing to see that buyers now have the option of increasing the payload by in some cases up to a figure of 300kg. Even the little Forth can be specified with a payload that shames most UK makers. This is on the newer range and I don't know if the payloads could be increased by as much when purchased on the used market.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
OC my Fleetwood was manufactured by Adria in Slovina when they bought out the Fleetwood brand.
With the van at 1700kgs, the original owner before me upgraded and got the payload at 250kgs included in the total.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
OC my Fleetwood was manufactured by Adria in Slovina when they bought out the Fleetwood brand.
With the van at 1700kgs, the original owner before me upgraded and got the payload at 250kgs included in the total.

Yes, my 2005 Bailey S5 1400kg MTPLM Bordeaux had a payload of 240kg but since the new definitions came in and caravans makers wanted to attract/keep drivers of lighter cars payloads in general aren't very good. What Adria now seem to have done, is aligned with what some German and French makers do, is to offer the option of a decent increase on some of their caravans. Not sure whether this could be obtained if you bought pre owned caravan as some upgrades may require a larger axle to be fitted at the factory, whereas others might already have a larger axle but not fully utilise it when at the lower MTPLM.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I will admit for my first few caravans I didn't think about payloads ! But now well with a lovely Coachman 560 vip. With a miserable 155 kg I will rethink about a different van, when we change. 155kg is nothing even for two OAP's . For years we have been overweight for years, ourselfs and the van. :eek:hmy:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Been away for the weekend so I'm catching up on hundreds of recent posts ! Our van has a good load of 221 for the payload

It does but not everyone needs a long twin axle 6 berth. Although I did mention to my wife that your model could be ideal for us if we get our next house with a longer drive. Strip out bunks and you'd get another 20 kg too.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
otherclive said:
Craigyoung said:
Been away for the weekend so I'm catching up on hundreds of recent posts ! Our van has a good load of 221 for the payload

It does but not everyone needs a long twin axle 6 berth. Although I did mention to my wife that your model could be ideal for us if we get our next house with a longer drive. Strip out bunks and you'd get another 20 kg too.

Long 6 birth single axle ! Get it right :p

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have got 180kg which is probably more than enough for us, but some models I would rule out as the pay;load is far too low. 300 is a bit over the top, but if the car can handle it you do get a margin that would make sure you were always safe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts