New Battery Needed and Lithium Considerations.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Present 105 amp (or 110 amp, need to remove and check tomorrow) Numax today seemed unhappy to move the van up a dropped curb. Kept cutting out/stopping. Restart on handset and same again. Charge for 30 mins and all good for a short time. So ........... presuming faithful old battery friend about to claim well earned retirement.

Present battery is now 8 years old and I can't see any reason not to replace with similar. Particular concern is size, capacity and terminal design all of which I can research on the web.

However! Idly checking AGM versus lead/acid I came across the video linked below.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4N_Pizo9tI
which sets out a case for and against lithium. I've absolutely no interest in lithium but some forum members perhaps have. Hope the link is useful.

PS. Amazed at the range of prices for the same Numax battery.

Reactions: Hutch
Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Present 105 amp (or 110 amp, need to remove and check tomorrow) Numax today seemed unhappy to move the van up a dropped curb. Kept cutting out/stopping. Restart on handset and same again. Charge for 30 mins and all good for a short time. So ........... presuming faithful old battery friend about to claim well earned retirement.

Present battery is now 8 years old and I can't see any reason not to replace with similar. Particular concern is size, capacity and terminal design all of which I can research on the web.

However! Idly checking AGM versus lead/acid I came across the video linked below.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4N_Pizo9tI
which sets out a case for and against lithium. I've absolutely no interest in lithium but some forum members perhaps have. Hope the link is useful.

PS. Amazed at the range of prices for
Only reason to move away from AGM is to save weight ( 12kg vs 28kg)for extra payload or increase useable capacity ( 80% vs 50%). Not only is Li battery more expensive will also need new AC charger and maybe solar charger.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts