New C&CC site at Drayton Manor

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The C&CC is set to open a brand new touring park at Drayton Manor Park near to Tamworth, Staffs.
The site is expected to open on 29th March 2012 and is aimed at families who want to make the most of the popular theme park which boasts some of the latest thrill rides as well as attractions for younger children such as the new Thomas the Tank Engine themed 'Thomas Land'
Click here for information on Drayton Manor Park

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve.The previous site at Drayton Manor only accepted bookings from families with children obviously to ensure use of the theme park.Does the new site accept bookings do you know without children.

Plotter

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Have been on website and it didn't say anything that I noticed about having children,it does show electrics and laundry facilities,think the previous site was just grass and tap.We are planning a weekend with the grandkids there when the wather picks up

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
Have been on website and it didn't say anything that I noticed about having children,it does show electrics and laundry facilities,think the previous site was just grass and tap.We are planning a weekend with the grandkids there when the wather picks up

Hi Sir Deli Dave thought the same as you take the grandchild for a visit had a quick look and saw gate tickets at £28.00 per person or £15.50 if ordered on line and thats for Feb with only a few attractions open so I am assuming that the entry to the park will rise with the season. We were thinking of week in August and site fee'sare on parr with all the bigger family sites £279.00 with membership discount.
But you know how it is a 5 year old only allowed to go to the theme park just once in a week, just imagine those trantums, I'm staying away this year at least.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
plotter said:
Hi Steve.The previous site at Drayton Manor only accepted bookings from families with children obviously to ensure use of the theme park.Does the new site accept bookings do you know without children.

Plotter
Hiya Tone, it's nice to hear from you, how are you mate?
As far as I know the new site is a normal C&CC site, the age concessions apply anyway
smiley-smile.gif

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Deli Dave_ said:

Hi Sir Deli Dave thought the same as you take the grandchild for a visit had a quick look and saw gate tickets at £28.00 per person or £15.50 if ordered on line and thats for Feb with only a few attractions open so I am assuming that the entry to the park will rise with the season. We were thinking of week in August and site fee'sare on parr with all the bigger family sites £279.00 with membership discount.
But you know how it is a 5 year old only allowed to go to the theme park just once in a week, just imagine those trantums, I'm staying away this year at least.

Hi Sir Gagakev WC (Bar)

Didn't realise it was that expensive you used to be able to pay an entrance fee then buy tickets or a wristband depending on how many rides would be suitable.That would be nearly £120 plus site fees
smiley-cry.gif

We stayed at Hatton Country World,no electric but very nice,£6.00 a night iirc and you got a key to the main gate if you wanted to go out to Warwick,Straford etc.Lots to do for a five year old too ,at least ours enjoyed it.

Best wishes to you

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
we use tesco vouchers too, maybe get 2 tickets on tesco clubcard points and then usually we get a voucher from somewhere maybe ebay which is a 2 for 1 entry price and we have a brilliant day! All our kids loved it last year 8 year old went on the new ben 10 rollercoaster, 5 year old could enjoy most of the park and 2 year old boy loved the thomas side of it. Really worth a visit. We stayed at kingsbury water park think its c & cc site very nice too. But handy to know that the site there is better, few years back we looked into staying at drayton manor and it was a just turn up site-no booking but we didnt bother as in high season we thought we might not get in.
Anyway its a great place lots to do, we went to peppa pig land at paulton park last year in june and it wasnt as good as drayton manor.
Having said that not been to flamingo land for donkeys and its only 45min away....................! doh!

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve, OK sorry I have only just picked up your post,(made on my 62nd B'day! I know you wouldnt believe I am that old) I am ok awaiting yet another hernia op in April,we are both on holiday in a couple of weeks time if you fancy a ride over.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I took the van to Drayton Manor last weekend for a rally. The elsan point was in the new amenity block so got to see the site as it is being prepared. I didn't see one hardstanding that was level and none had any drainage- surface water I mean so a good downpour might flood the pitch. More worrying was the postion of the electric bollards. Between pitches so it will be in the awning! Someone will probably reverse into them so there are little white posts to protect it. (The bollard serves two vans so expect your neighbour in the awning to connect up.) Good things - access is good, walk to the theme park, supermarkets not far. We used the hospitality facility for a dinner dance and it was excellent- best three course dinner for ages and very pleasant staff.

TRENDING THREADS