New caravan delayed by three weeks.

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, We went and purchased a brand new Caravelair Antares 486 Luxe at the NEC caravan show on 18th February and we told them we wanted it by the middle of May as we had already booked our holiday in Scotland. They said that would be no problem as the waiting time for a new van was three months anyway.

We have been in touch with the firm we bought it off and they have told us it would be ready until the very end of May or the beginning of June. Apparently Caravelair have been on strike and what bugs me more than anything is we haven't been informed until the last minute (so to speak).

Sorry about that but I feel a bit better now I've told someone.

p.s. Has anybody else bought a Caravelair and having to wait?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Ernest,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulty in the supply of your caravan. It does occur to me though, that as you made a point of the fact that you had a definite deadline which you stated to the supplier at the time of ordering, that has actually become part of the contract. If the supplier fails to meet that deadline they are in breach of contract.

It may be worth while pointing that out to the dealer. It may make them sit up an magic temporary caravan for you to use.

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
Hello Ernest,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulty in the supply of your caravan. It does occur to me though, that as you made a point of the fact that you had a definite deadline which you stated to the supplier at the time of ordering, that has actually become part of the contract. If the supplier fails to meet that deadline they are in breach of contract.

It may be worth while pointing that out to the dealer. It may make them sit up an magic temporary caravan for you to use.
Hi, Thanks for the interest about the delay in my new van. I managed to get hold of a telephone number (can't tell you how) of one of the big cheese of Caravelair and he couldn't have been more apologetic if he had tried. He even said he would get hold of the supplier and arrange for them to loan us a van but as I had already got my hands on one I told him there was no need. Eventually he told me that my van should be with the supplier when we get back from Scotland on 4th June.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts