Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Its been some years since I was there but we all enjoyed our stay at the Caravan Club's site at Brockenhurst. Woodland setting, just outside of small town and within esy driving distance of places such as Christchurch, Bournemouth and Lymington.

As you would expect with a Club site it was clean and well run.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The site that Robert is referring to is the CC's excellent Black Knowle site. This site is surrounded by the forest with some lovely walks striaght form the site.Brockenhurst is approx 45 minutes across the forest. The problem is that it such a popular site that getting a pitch will be extremely difficult, especially in the high season. Across the road as it were, but still close to Brockenhurst is the Forestry Commission's Hollands' Wood site. Not as well appointed as Black Knowle but much much larger and with more chance of getting a pitch. Be prepared for the forest ponies to come and knock you up for their breakfast tho as the site is open on one side onto the forest and there me road noise from the other side. There are other forestry sites in the forest but they are more of the basic type i.e using your 'vans facilities.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI Andrea ,it depends on what you are looking for ,if you have

children then Sandy Balls or Bashley Park are good bets,if you

want adults only try, {Back of Beyound} in Ringwood ,500mts from [Shamba caravan park] site for families,if you are more adventuress try [Forest

Holidays] lovley sites but limited facilities,you will have a good time. ps Black Knowle best site ,but usually booked up,dont try

on line ,use the phone!

Rob Lynne&Woofers

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
our favorite New Forest site is Sethorns which is a Forestry commision site. Set in the forest a large number of pitches are sorounded by trees and secluded. Facilities are basic electric, water and waste disposal points, only toilet facilities are needed. Plenty of lovely walks and cycling. Only a coiple of miles from Brockenhurst

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Lots of references to Forestry Commission sites, which are now managed by Forest Holidays www.forestholidays.co.uk. I can vouch for these, having stayed at several of the Forest Holidays sites in the New Forest (I think they have about 10 sites there). Great for exploring all of the area, great for cycling and for kids. No rigid pitching restrictions so makes for nice relaxing holiday. Enjoy!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrea,

Try Lytton Lawn Caravan&camping Park.(Shorefield Group)Lymore Lane,Milford-on-Sea ,Hampshire. its a very clean and well managed site been going there for years.Have a look at their web-site www.shorefield .co.uk Jimbob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are just back from tne CC site at Bransgore.

Super site, Bransgore has all you need. Christchurch and coast not far, but you are on the edge of the New Forest

Little public transport nearby.

Brokenhurst is more central and has more public transport.

However it was fully booked at the time.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
We are going back to Sandy Balls this summer, if you want swimming pools, some evening entertainment and full service pitches then it takes some beating. As it is a member of Best of British, quality should be reliable too.

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
Off to Sandy Balls myself last week of July. Not been before but heard good reviews. Stayed on the Red Chute a few years ago which was nice & handy for Ringwood, had a pub next door & 5mins from the Alice Lisle pub which was superb for meals.

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
We love Setthorns, provided you don't mind using your own toilet/shower, it's great.

we just came back from there last week and even though it was half term holiday and the site was pretty much full it is always really peaceful and you have plenty of space to yourselves.

Jerry

Apr 11, 2007
Visit site
Agree with Jane, Back of Beyond is superb, adult only site with excellent fishing, wood land walks, and a pitch n putt on site! good fun, drive way a little bumpy but not as bad as some reviews on various sites!!

Owners are nice too and the site is very well kept

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with Jane, Back of Beyond is superb, adult only site with excellent fishing, wood land walks, and a pitch n putt on site! good fun, drive way a little bumpy but not as bad as some reviews on various sites!!

Owners are nice too and the site is very well kept
That's good news about Back of Beyond, we're booked on there for 3 weeks this summer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts