New members, talk to us - PLEASE!

Page 13 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 7, 2018
Visit site
Hi i joined the other day just browsing the web and found this site so i thought i would say hello and a breif history of my camper history We had the previous vans converted by me at home a VW T4 Then a VW T5 and finaly when the kids had gone or Flown the nest we decided to bite the bullet and but a brand new VW T6 converted Beautiful van drives superb but way to small and a distinct lack of research on my part an expensive mistake
After a lot of research and viewing vans in various guises coach builds aftermarket factory vans converted and custom built vans We Opted for the latter and went the custom build route and not i might add the most expensive option
We have just had a Mercedes Sprinter van built for us at affordable van conversions in Midsummer Norton (You can view the van on there webpage)We love the van and its a very capable vehicle and you can spend weeks of grid as well which was also important to us we have only had the van for three weeks now already completing a trip round cornwall and hopefully away this weekend

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
Hello I have just joined. I have recently purchased a new Chausson motorhome and now wondering about adding bits (satellite dish) and also habitation checks. Do these need to be undertaken by a Chausson dealer to keep the van warranty. Looking forward to reading information on the forum. May be able to help a few people along the way as I am an electronics engineer and repaired some parts on my sons truma heater system.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dave, welcome.
I'm not really up to date with new vehicle warranty conditions - my last (and only!) new one was ten years ago. Is there anything in the paperwork that helps? I'd expect any conditions to be spelt out clearly.

Jul 24, 2018
Visit site
Just signed up, new to this motorhome life, but so far so good.
Just have a few niggly technical issues with my Elddis Autoquest 120, which I hope that other members can answer for me!

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Stratty, why not put the "niggly technical issues" here on line. Somebody might be able to help. Have fun with your new play thing.My best advice Get out and Use it... :p

Sep 13, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I'm a new member and I am genuinely real. Honest. No fake news - I really exist. My voice clients can confirm I'm real (I'm a voice actor - if still in doubtplease go to my website at www.kerryvoice.uk ).

Being completely new to the second hand motorhome market and indeed owning one, I have many questions - so where would it be best to ask them on this Forum please? Am attending the NEC next month and look forward to learning as much as I can, about researching, buying and running a second hand motorhome and maybe eventually sharing my experiences with others.

Many thanks

Kerry

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Kerry
Sorry to be so long replying, I've been out of town quite a bit myself lately.
Welcome to the forums - and to the world of motorhoming!

Oct 2, 2018
Visit site
Hi there. Thanks for letting me join. We have a self build camper built around a LWB extra high top Renault Master. We have been using it for our work since May but only did our first non work weekend last week. We love it!

Oct 15, 2018
Visit site
Hello!
We're a recently retired couple who are just finishing our first year of having a motorhome but we think we've made a mistake with the make and model: it doesn't suit our needs.
To that end we've signed up here to ask for advice in finding the right vehicle for us.
Cheers!

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi, and welcome.
Do you want to telll us a biit more about your present van, and what you find inconvenient about it? Then maybe someone can suggest alternatives t look at.
Good hunting!

Dec 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi Tony,
I am a new MH owner (2 months) and already in need of tech help!!
I would like to start adding issues/tips etc as time goes bye.
I'll need to study how you put up questions, is there 'a guide to post' I can follow please?
regards
keith.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Keith
I am still around, and look in a couple of times a week at the moment. But as Derek has said, traffic has been a bit slow over the last few months - particularly since we lost a staff member from the magazine.
I've had some contact about this with both the editor, Sarah, and someone from the new publishers, and there is a plan for a major revamp and relaunch. Meanwhile, do fire away with any questions and those "old hands" who are around will do what we can to help!

Mar 24, 2019
Visit site
Hi. My name is Ronnie. I have just inherited a motorhome that is in need of some T.L.C. But looking forward to getting her back to scratch and getting on the road.

Rocket ron

Apr 24, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I'm a motorhome Newby. I owned a caravan for a year and also had a motorboat last year but motorhoming is new to me. Just put deposit down on new motorhome and hope to have it in around 3 weeks.

May 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have just finished having a MAN TGE converted to a two berth van with an internal bike store.

Looking forward to a lot of adventures.

David

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Hi, we are soon to get our first motorhome which is an Elddis Accordo 105. We were caravaners in the past and now that our family have all left home we fancied getting back into the out and about life style - really looking forward to getting away in the van.
Great Forum BTW.

Danny

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
Good morning all,
Just joined and am the proud owner of a compass avantgarde 300 which is our first motorhome, looking forward to reading all the posts and making the transition from caravan to motorhome

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi, although just joined, have owned a Challenger ( same as Chausson Welcome 50) for 15 years! Didn’t know the forum was here, but hope to be a frequent flyer. Looking to change & will probably stick with Chausson. Thanks

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

New to this forum and motorhoming so just beginning the adventure. I'm sure there will be loads of questions. We saw a nice Auto-trail Frontier Delaware a while back, really impressed and suited us to a tee. However, never got to drive it and having only driven a basic van and towed a trailer before, it'll be a big step up for such a large 'van I'm sure. My better half is off to the NEC show this October (I'll be away) so hopefully more thoughts and ideas to come...

Reactions: Parksy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts