New members, talk to us - PLEASE!

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
We joined the CC initially but have since joined the C&CC and MCC (notes Here).
Total cost for the three is just over £126 pa but when we factor in the low cost of rallies/THSs that we attend with the C&CC and MCC the overall cost is low compared to the alternative of using commercial sites.
If I were to rank them in order it would be C&CC, MCC then CC but that is purely personal preference and reflects our usage.

Graham

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello, i have just bought my first Motorhome (fiat Ducato 1998) I live in France (yvelines 78) with my wife and 2 children, We plan to spend our weekends and school holidays traveling France/Europe. I am a complete novice in the Motorhome world, so hoping you guys will be able to advise me.

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Welcome :)

I hope you and your family have many happy holidays with your new motorhome.

We bought ours in August 2015, so relatively new too but very much enjoying using ours, we are heading to Souillac in July to meet up with our French friends.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi Just joined, we have a motorhome that I would like to offer to the members for hire, its a new little venture and would welcome any comments, please go to http://leisurelifemotorhomes.com its a website my friend built and he is rather good. Your feedback would be very much appreciated.
regards
Richard

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
hi,
just joined.
we are glenys and fred chase, retirees living in south-west france.
we have an Adria Coral Axess 670sl about one year old.
just back from a three month junket to Spain and Portugal with our two cats.
will be doing some local trips here in France for a while now before the next big one.

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
My husband and I are supposed to be retired, after having a Bedford Bambi since 2000 if seems to have given up, still hopeful we can get it to go.
In the meantime we have bought a Muller New Jersey recently as the Bambi is not big enough to try camping with 9 small adopted dogs, we have been out for a couple of day trips to get the dogs use to it 5 at a time, We bought this one as it already had the bottom bunk set up for dogs with a full size cage fixed.
We are still learning where and how everything works in the new MH.
Thank you for letting us join the forum.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi there newjersey and a warm welcome to Practical Motorhome's forum. Touring with nine dogs sounds quite an adventure! We look forward to hearing more from you.

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all have just joined the forum we now in the process of taking a final look at our first motorhome a swift escape 986 hopefully we buy it next week. Does anybody have any experience of these pros and cons please. I must just say what a great set up on here have learned a lot from the site thank you.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
HI Martin, welcome to the forum (and to the whole motorhoming lifestyle!)
Fraid I don't know the van you've got your eye on, but Swift usually get good write-ups.
LIZZIE - has there been a magazine test or TV review on this one?

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Do you mean a 686 or a 696 ?

We have an Escape 686 which has a rear U shaped lounge, the 696 has rear bunks and a front lounge as I recall !

Other tha the layout, other features should be identical, if you fave any queries, please just ask !

We have a 2013 unit whichever we took delivery of in August last year and are very pleased with !

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
TonyJones said:
HI Martin, welcome to the forum (and to the whole motorhoming lifestyle!)
Fraid I don't know the van you've got your eye on, but Swift usually get good write-ups.
LIZZIE - has there been a magazine test or TV review on this one?

Hi Martin and welcome to the forum! And to Tony, no, sorry, we've not yet reviewed this model.

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
I currently have a 1982 Petrol VW T25 which is up for sale on e-bay and I will be replacing it with a Motorhome with shower, toilet, hot and cold water and a fixed double bed. Hopefully I can then persuade my wife to come camping!
Regards
Keith

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, My wife Jayne and I are about to pull the trigger on a '95 Hymer B544 with 100,000 miles on it. Looking around, it seems to fall between Series 1 and 2. It's 18'6" RHD, but has power steering, with 2.445l Fiat Ducato diesel. I'm led to believe power steering is rare on a Series 1, but the series 2 is 20'. Anyone any ideas? We had to sell our Transit Autosleeper camper, and miss having it so much. Is this 100k engine young, middle aged or old? Seems to run well, a little blue smoke on starting, 5 speed, seems to change gear and reverse OK. Any comments welcome, look forward to being active on here. Cheers, Bob and Jayne.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Welcome Bob and Jayne (and Amy?).
I'm not a Hymer man myself (being of the Transit persuasion!) but a few on here are, so I'm sure someone will be able to mark your card.
But in general, I wouldn't worry too much about high mileage, as long as there's some evidence it's been looked after (interior condition, and/or service history). These commercial diesels are built for high mileage, I'd worry more about a very low mileage example, which might have spent too much time in storage or off the road.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts