Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
I am just about to take delivery of our first van Bailey Pageant Boreaux. I will be towing it with a Mazda 6 2.0ts. Is this a good car to tow with?

The cars kerb weight is 1362kg

The van has a MTPLM of 1366kg

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Iain

go to www.whattowcar.com , go to "compute outfit" and type in details of your car and van, this will tell you if you got a good match or not!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Iain, I am sure you will get more detailed advise, but if this is your first van and you load it to maximum then you will be way above the recomendation of 85%. There is nothing illegal regarding towing 100% ( or even above if you have the correct licence, plus all manufacturers weight limits for car max tow weight / max train weight etc are within limits). I personally would advise you to think carefully regarding how you load the van and whether you would feel competent to tow at 100%.

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
I will be loading the awning in the boot of my car and also chairs etc, I want to keep the van as light as possible with only the very necessaties, ie gas bottle hitch lock wheel clamp I reckon I wouldload around 100kg max in the van. So I would be at 88% of my kerb weight

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts