Aug 27, 2024
Visit site
Hi new to caravanning with an Eldis 2009 Crusader Typhoon - excellent van 😃just looking for any help sourcing a new extractor fan above kitchen as ours is hit n miss thanks .

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I think the extractor is probably the Omnivent?
When I tried to find a replacement for our temperamental Omnivent, I was told it was the only fan that fitted the 400x400 mm roof aperature - although plenty of choice of skylights that size without a fan.

For the OP, the more you persevere to get the fan started the more reliable it becomes - at least ours is!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
Is it flashing light syndrome? Switch it on and the lights just flash side to side?
If so in all probability it's the motor on the way out. You can buy replacement motors fairly cheaply from the likes of eBay and they are easy to fit.

Aug 27, 2024
Visit site
When I tried to find a replacement for our temperamental Omnivent, I was told it was the only fan that fitted the 400x400 mm roof aperature - although plenty of choice of skylights that size without a fan.

For the OP, the more you persevere to get the fan started the more reliable it becomes - at least ours is!
Yeah if we manually try to start the fan it goes but then stops my husband suspects the motor

Aug 27, 2024
Visit site
Is it flashing light syndrome? Switch it on and the lights just flash side to side?
If so in all probability it's the motor on the way out. You can buy replacement motors fairly cheaply from the likes of eBay and they are easy to fit.
Is it a case of describing as omnivent motor required no need to give caravan deets etc?? Thanks x

Aug 27, 2024
Visit site

It seems the motor we think but thanks for replying

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Hazel welcome to the forum i would give this a try Leisureshopdirect
i think they might have one in stock

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yeah if we manually try to start the fan it goes but then stops my husband suspects the motor
Generally not the motor, but the switches. These are the touch type switch and what happens is that damp gets into the electronics. This may sound silly, but sometimes hair drier cures the issue, but be very careful as you do not want to melt the plastic surround.

Aug 27, 2024
Visit site
Hi Hazel welcome to the forum i would give this a try Leisureshopdirect
i think they might have one in stock
Generally not the motor, but the switches. These are the touch type switch and what happens is that damp gets into the electronics. This may sound silly, but sometimes hair drier cures the issue, but be very careful as you do not want to melt the plastic surround.
Ours is not touch type or with lights it is on / off switch if you know what I mean as far as we can see the switch is okay it’s just motor not performing and noisy. Has been removed now looks very rusty maybe had damp at some stage before us??

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I assume the whole fan and surround is clean and it is not an accumulation of dirt debris messing things up?
If all good and clean spray the motor and contacts as best you can with Electrical Contact Spray. It may work if not I agree a new motor is needed.

Aug 27, 2024
Visit site
I assume the whole fan and surround is clean and it is not an accumulation of dirt debris messing things up?
If all good and clean spray the motor and contacts as best you can with Electrical Contact Spray. It may work if not I agree a new motor is needed.
Yes everything clean and now motor is out it is rusty as if been wet we have sourced a new motor local to us on eBay thanks to everyone for all your help 😃

Reactions: Mel
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes everything clean and now motor is out it is rusty as if been wet we have sourced a new motor local to us on eBay thanks to everyone for all your help 😃
Glad you were able to get the perfect item you wanted, Ebay is an excellent source to go to when you want something with reasonable prices if you look carefully.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts